Stir Fried Paneer Recipe
Stir Fried Paneer Ingredients:
- 300 gms fresh paneer (mashed into a crumbly texture) – see below for recipe
- 1 medium onion chopped fine
- 1 small tomato chopped fine
- 1 green chilli chopped fine
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsps vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
- Chopped fresh coriander to garnish
- Salt to taste
How to make Stir Fried Paneer:
- Heat the oil in a pan on a medium flame, till hot. Add the cumin seeds and fry till spluttering stops.
- Add the onions and fry till soft. Now add the green chillies and tomatoes and fry till the tomatoes are pulpy.
- Add all the powdered spices and mix well. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the paneer. Mix well and cook for 2 more minutes. If the paneer gives off water at this stage, cook till the water has dried up. Turn off fire.
- Season with salt, if desired. Garnish with the chopped fresh coriander and serve hot with Chapatis or Parathas. Paneer Bhurjee also makes a great topping for fresh, hot toast!
Tags fried paneer Stir stir fry