Shahi Kaju Aloo Recipe
Shani Kaju Aloo Ingredients
- 300 gms Potato (Aloo)
- 4 tblsp Cashewnut (Kaju) soaked in 1/4 cup water
- 1 tblsp chopped Ginger (Adrak)
- 1 tsp chopped Garlic (Lasun)
- 1/2 tsp Black Cumin Seed (Shah Jeera)
- 1 Bay Leaf (Tej Patta)
- 2 chopped Onion (Pyaj)
- a pinch of Turmeric (Haldi)
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tblsp chopped Coriander Leaves (Dhania Patta)
- 1/4 cup beaten Curd (Dahi)
- 1/4 cup Milk
- Oil for frying
How to make Shani Kaju Aloo
- Wash potatoes and peel and cut them into 1 inch pieces.
- Fry the potatoes to a deep golden brown and keep aside.
- Grind cashewnuts, ginger and garlic to a paste in a grinder.
- Keep this paste aside.
- Heat some of the oil in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Add black cumin and bay leaf.
- Wait for 30 seconds till cumin seeds stop spluttering.
- Add onions and cook on low flame till onions turn soft but do not let them turn brown.
- Add turmeric and garam masala. Stir to mix well.
- Add the paste prepared earlier. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add yogurt and stir fry till water evaporates.
- Cook till it dries.
- Add milk and about 1/2 cup of water to the gravy.
- Boil and simmer for 2 -3 minutes.
- Add the fried potatoes and chopped coriander to the garvy and simmer on low flame.
- Cook on low flame till the gravy thickens and coats all the potatoes.
Shahi Kaju Aloo is ready to Serve hot with nan or parantha.
Tags aloo kaju mughlai potato shahi shahi kaju aloo