Prawn and Cabbage Ingredients:
1 medium cabbage, sliced into 1 cm wide strips
- 1 packet of ready-cooked shelled prawns
- 1 cup of shelled fresh or frozen peas
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped fine
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Half tsp turmeric powder
- Half tsp chilli powder
- 1 large bay leaf
- 1 tsp whole cumin
- 25 gm fresh coriander, chopped roughly
- 2 whole slim green chillies
- 1.5 tsp sunflower oil
- Salt to taste
How to make Prawn and Cabbage
- Wash the cabbage thoroughly in cold water. In a large pot, heat the oil over a high flame.
- When the oil is hot, add the bay leaf and cumin seeds. As they start sizzling, chuck in the shredded cabbage.
- Stir fry the cabbage for two minutes and then add the turmeric, chilli, cumin and coriander powders. Fry for another two minutes on the high flame until the cabbage is well-coated with the masalas.
- Now lower the flame to a medium heat, add the ginger and garlic, cover the pot and simmer until the cabbage is cooked. You don’t need to add any water.
- The cabbage will take a good 20 minutes to soften. within 10 minutes of cooking, stir in the peas, prawns and green chillies.
- When the cabbage is moist but without gravy and soft, take the lid off and mix in the fresh coriander.
- Add salt to taste and enjoy hot or cold.
Prawn and Cabbage is ready to serve.