Potato in Yogurt Gravy Ingredients:
Potato in Yogurt Gravy Recipe
- 2 large boiled potatoes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- Pinch of asafetida (hing)
- 2 teaspoons besan (gram flour)
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 tablespoons yogurt
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder (dhania)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 chopped cilantro (hara dhania)
- 1 1/2 cups of water
How to make Potato in Yogurt Gravy:
- Boil the potatoes until they are tender.
- Peel and cut them in bite size pieces.
- Mix the yogurt, ginger, green chilies, turmeric powder, coriander powder and paprika into a paste.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil. If the cumin seed cracks right away, the oil is ready.
- Add the cumin seeds and asafetida. After the cumin seeds crack, add the bay leaf and besan (gram flour). Stir for about half a minute until the besan (gram flour) is golden-brown.
- Add the yogurt paste and stir-fry for about 2 minutes on medium heat until the paste starts leaving the oil from the sides.
- Add the potatoes and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add about one cup of water. After the gravy boils, let it cook on low-medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Adjust the water in gravy to your liking.
- Add the cilantro and salt and continue to cook for a few minutes. Serve with any kind of bread.