Pea Paneer Curry Ingredients:
- Dry Peas – 3/4 cup
- Potato – 1 no
- Carrot – 1 no
- Onion(chopped) – 1/2 cup
- Tomatoes(finely cut) – 2 nos
- Garlic pods – 1 no
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Salt – As reqd
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Paneer cubes or ricotta cheese-2 tsp
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Oil or ghee – 4 tbsp
- Cumin seeds(Jeerakam) – 1 tsp
- Cloves(Grambu) – 3 nos
- Cinnamon(Karugapatta) – A small piece
How to make Pea Paneer Curry:
- Soak dry peas whole night.
- Cook this soaked peas, potato and carrot in a pressure cooker.
- Cut garlic into small pieces.
- Heat ghee in a skillet.
- Add the ingredients for seasoning followed by garlic, ginger and onion Fry well till the ghee separates from it.
- Add tomatoes followed bycooked and coarsely mashed potatoes and carrots. Continue frying for a few minutes.
- Add cooked peas, cover the pan and bring it to a boil.
- Sprinkle salt, sugar and chilly powder. Boil for another 4 minutes.
- Add paneer cubes or ricotta cheese. After mixing, don`t boil for a long time.
- Garnish with cut coriander leaves.