Murungakai Kuzhambu Ingredients :
Drumsticks – 6
- Large Onions – 1
- Tomatoes – 2 large
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chilly powder – 1/2 to 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Green chilles – 2
- Curry leaves – 2 sprig
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Black gram dal – 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
How to make Murungakai Kuzhambu :
- Wash and cut drumsticks into 1 – 1 1/2 ” length pieces, set aside.
- Heat oil and add seasonings. When the dal turns brown in colour, onions. Fry till onions turn brown.
- Add tomatoes, continue to fry adding turmeric powder, chilly and coriander powder. If too dry, sprinkle some water so that the vegetables do not singe. Add drumstick and continur frying.
- When drumsticks have turned soft, add some water, salt and cover and simmer on low heat.
- when done, remove from fire, transfer on to a bowl. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Murungakai Kuzhambu is ready to serve.