Garganelli with Asparagus Ingredients
8 ounces uncooked garganelli pasta
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups (1-inch) slices asparagus (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons shaved fresh pecorino Romano cheese
How to make Garganelli with Asparagus
- Cook pasta in boiling water with 1 tablespoon kosher salt according to package
directions, omitting additional fat. Drain.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan, swirling to coat. Add
asparagus to pan; cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Remove
from pan; keep warm. Add broth, lemon rind, and garlic to pan; cook until liquid is
reduced to 1/2 cup (about 6 minutes). Return asparagus to pan. Add pasta, grated
cheese, salt, and pepper; toss well. Place about 1 1/4 cups pasta mixture in each of
4 shallow bowls; top each serving with 1 1/2 teaspoons shaved cheese.
Garganelli with Asparagus is ready to serve.
YIELD: 4 servings