Bhindi Curry Recipe
Bhindi Curry Ingredients:
- 2 garlic clove (laung) chopped
- 3 tlbsp mustard oil (sarson ka tel)
- 4 oz tomato (tamatar)
- 1green pepper chopped
- 1tsp coriander seed
- 1tsp mustard seed (Raai)
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seed (Methi Dana) slightly crushed
- 12 oz okra (bhindi)
- 2 inch ginger chopped
- 1medium onion (pyaj) chopped
- 1tsp ground turmeric (haldi)
- 2 tsp red chilly powdered
- 2 tsp ground cumin
How to make bhindi curry:
- Wash the bhindi, top and tail, and cut into approximately 1/4″ pieces (or leave whole after topping and tailing if preferred).
- Fry mustard, coriander and fenugreek seeds in mustard oil for 2-3 minutes (cover the pot when the mustard seeds sputter.
- Mix in garlic, onion and ginger, fry gently for about 10 minutes more.
- Make the ground spices into a paste with a little water, mix in to the pot and fry for a further 10 minutes.
- Mix in bhindi (ladies finger), tomatoes, green pepper and chillies.
- Cover and simmer (boil slowly at low temperature) until the bhindi is soft but not sloppy (about 15-20 minutes).
Tags bhindi curry lady finger Okra