Anday Aloo ingredients
- 6 Eggs
- 3 large Potatoes (peeled & cut into large pieces)
- 1 medium Onion (peeled and pureed in a blender)
- 1 medium Tomato (coarsely chopped)
- 3 Green Peppers (Hari Mirch) (for a milder taste de-seed peppers)
- 3 Bay Leaves (Tezz Pattay)
- 3 Big Brown Cardamoms (Bari Kaali Ilaichi)
- 6 Cloves (Loung)
- 1 tsp. Fenugreek Seeds (Methi Danay)
- A handful of Ready Fried Onions
- ½ tsp. Red Chilli Powder (Pisi Lal Mirch)
- 1 ½ tbsp. Coriander Powder (Pisa Dhania)
- ¼ tsp. Turmeric Powder (Pisi Haldi)
- ½ tsp. Garam Masala Powder
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp. Ginger Paste (Pisi Adrak)
- 1 tsp. Garlic Paste (Pisa Lehsan)
- 1 tbsp. Plain Yogurt
- A bunch of Fresh Coriander/Cilantro Leaves (Hara Dhania) (chopped – for garnish)
- 3 tbsp. Cooking Oil
how to make Anday Aloo
- Hard boil eggs in a small pot in water. After they are boiled, drain them, let them cool, and remove hard shell. Fry eggs in hot oil until they are a little brown, remove from oil and set aside for later.
- In a bowl combine the following spices: pureed onions, ready fried onions, tomatoes, bay leaves, big brown cardamoms, cloves, ginger paste, garlic paste, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, green peppers, salt, and plain yogurt . Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pateli or pot, add fenugreek seeds. When fenugreek gets a little red add in all the spices taken out in bowl. Fry spices well by adding a little water at a time (to prevent burning.) Fry well until the tomatoes turn soft and oil starts to separate.
- Add potato pieces and eggs. Mix and add a little water for curry. When water comes to a boil, reduce heat and cover pot.
- When potatoes are done, turn off heat. Garnish with Garam Masala Powder and coriander/cilantro and serve.
Yield: 3-4 Servings
Preparation Time: 20-30 Minutes