- One small cucumber
- Sharp-pointed knife
- Carving knife
how to carve Cucumber Basket
- Cut off the stem end of the cucumber to obtain a flat, stable base.
- Form the handle of the basket by making two parallel cuts about 3 mm. apart extending from the tip down about two thirds of the length of the cucumber and then cutting off the excess on either side.
- Carefully remove the flesh from within the handle and hollow out the body of the basket.
- Cut closely spaced notches around the mouth of the basket.
- Cut a shallow, narrow groove around the outside of the basket just below the edge.