- Milk 2 cups
- Flour and butter 2 tbsp each
- Grated cheese 2 tbsp
- Capsicum, finely chopped 1 cup
- Onion, finely chopped 1/2 cup
- Mustard sauce 1/4 tsp
- Corn cob 1
- Salt to taste
For the pastry:
- Plain flour 250 gm
- Butter or margarine 110 gm
- Water 1/2 cup
- For the pastry, sift the flour and dice the butter.
Rub in using the fingertips until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
Stir in the water and mix to form a dough (should not be sticky) wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Boil the corn cob in salted water for 10-15 minutes.
Remove the corn kernels from the cob. Melt the butter, add the flour and cook over a slow fire till it forms crumbs.
- Remove the pan from the fire. Add the milk, a little at a time, to form a smooth paste, then return to the heat.
- Cook till smooth and glossy.
- Stir well with a wooden spoon and add the grated cheese, cooked corn, capsicum, onion, mustard sauce and salt to taste.
Cook till the mixture is dry.
- Roll out the pastry and use to line a deep pie tin or bowl.
- Prick the base and the sides with a fork.
- Spoon in the filling and bake at 160Â°C for 30-40 minutes, until golden.
- Serve hot.
Preparation Time: 30-35 Mins
Cooking Time: 50-60Mins
Serves: As Desired