Home / Carving Watermelon Purse
Carving Watermelon Purse
Material for Carving Watermelon Purse:
- 1 faintly oblong seedless watermelon
- Paper and scissors
- Hot glue gun
- Rhinestones and ribbon
- Toothpicks or straight pins
Carving Watermelon Purse Instructions
- Wash the watermelon and lay it on its side. Place knife on top of watermelon in the center and instigate one vertical cut to slice the melon in half.
- Take one part and slice off the top end. Use a knife to cut out the flesh. This can be the base of the purse.
- Lay the additional side slice-side down. Place knife blade at top in heart and cut straight diminished to slice piece in half. Take one part and cut a piece nearly 1 ½” to 2″ wide on the longest side to engender the handle. Cut off flesh and use decorative cuts to carve the strip to the deal with (shown investing in scallop outside edge cuts). Use toothpicks to attach the solve to the purse. Take remaining flesh and cut to ½” to 1″ thick slices and set aside.
- From the remaining piece cut out the purse pocket, hollowing out the supplementary flesh. Attach amid toothpicks to the front of the purse.
- Draw lip-shaped pieces of paper to use as templates. Cut out lip shapes based on formerly cut slices. Or use heart-shaped cookie cutters to cut the fruit.
- Fill the basket investing in watermelon lips and additional newly drafted cut fruit as desired. Have fun decorating inside the pocket and the purse amidst rhinestones, ribbon, a good amount ornaments, or tiny amount of girls’ dress-up sets based on the toy store. You may seek to use a hot glue gun to attach adornments to the outside of the purse (on the watermelon rind).
Tags carve watermelon Fruit Carving how to carve watermelon watermelon