Recipes for zeera
Zeera Biscuits Ingredients:
- 2 cups of All-Purpose Flour (Maida)
- ¾ cup Cooking Oil
- ¼ cup Sugar (ground)
- 1 ½ tsp. Salt
- 2 tbsp. Cumin Seeds (Sufaid Zeera)
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
How to make Zeera Biscuits:
- Mix ground sugar and oil. Add one egg and mix well.
- Add plain flour, cumin seeds, salt, baking powder and mix well.
- Shape the biscuits with a biscuit maker or cookie cutter.
- Put on the greased baking sheets and bake at 180 C (350F) mark 4 for about 10-15 minutes or until light brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.
For the Sabzi:
- Potatoes – 250 gms
- Onion – 1
- Tomatoes – 2
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Zeera powder – 1/2 tsp (roasted and coarse)
- Coriander leaves – a little
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Salt as per taste
For the parathas:
- Chapati flour – 2 1/2 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Chapati flour – 1 cup (for dusting the dough while rolling it out)
- Ghee for brushing over the paratha
How to make Plain Parathas with Zeera Aloo Sabzi:
- Cut the potatoes into 1 inch cubes after peeling them.
- Also chop the onions and the tomatoes into fine pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pan and saute the onions till they are brown in colour.
- Next, add the tomatoes and the powders and fry on high heat for 2 mins.
- Then simmer and add water.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, add the cumin seeds and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Once the basic dough is made, allow it to rest for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Divide the dough into medium sized balls and then roll each into a circle of about 5 inch in diameter.
- Brushing ghee all over the sides of the paratha, fold it into a triangle.
- Dust the paratha in the flour kept aside and roll into a large, flat triangle or round paratha.
- After a tawa has been heated, place the dough on the center of the tawa.
- As the colour starts to change, brush ghee on the top of the paratha and then flip it over to the other side.
- The same process has to be repeated all over again.
- Continue till the paratha changes colour throughout and spots start appearing.
- Serve hot with sabzi.