Recipes for Wild Rice
Wild Rice Walnut and Apricot Salad Ingredients
75-100 g wild rice
- 75 g white rice
- 75 g basmati rice
- ¾ cup chopped, fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- ½ cup dried apricots, chopped
- 100 g walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Salt and pepper
How to make Wild Rice Walnut and Apricot Salad
- Cook rice in separate pots of boiling water until ready. Drain and allow to cool.
- Combine rice in a salad bowl and add chives, parsley, apricots and walnuts. Mix well.
- Dressing: Combine oils, vinegar, lemon, sugar and mustard in a jar. Shake well.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Wild Rice Walnut and Apricot Salad is ready to serve.