Recipes for Wedding
White Velvet Wedding Cake Ingredients
- 4½ large egg whites
- 1 cup whole milk (room temperature)
- 2¼ tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups sifted cake flour
- 1½ cups superfine sugar
- 1 Tbsp.+ 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1½ sticks unsalted, softened butter
- 2 cups butter (salted)
- 2 cups Crisco
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla
- 2 lbs. confectioner’s sugar
How to make White Velvet Wedding Cake
- Combine egg whites, ¼ cup milk and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients and blend for 30 seconds until just combined.
- Add butter and remaining milk. Mix on low until just moistened then increase to medium speed and beat 1½ minutes to aerate. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add egg mixture in 3 equal batches and beat 20 seconds after each. Scrape sides.
- Cut wax paper circles, the size of your cake pans. Spray Bakers’ Joy in each pan and place wax paper on bottom. Pour mix into pans. Spinning pans in circles will distribute the mixture evenly, and get out some of the lumps.
- Bake 20-30 minutes at 325°. Finished cake should not be jiggly, but should never pull away from the sides.
- When done, remove from oven and invert after 5 minutes onto a cooling rack.
- For Icing:
- Blend butter, Crisco and vanilla for 10 minutes until smooth. Add sugar and blend just until thoroughly blended.
- Store in tupperware, in refrigerator or at room temperature.
- For chocolate icing, add cocoa powder and 1 Tbsp. milk. For lemon, replace vanilla with lemon extract. For peanut butter, replace Crisco with peanut butter.
- White Velvet Wedding Cake is ready to serve.
yields: 1 cake
prep time:30 min
total time:1 hr
Hawaiian Wedding Cake II Ingredients
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2 (20 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
How to make Hawaiian Wedding Cake II
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions. Bake in a 10×15 inch pan. remove from oven and allow to cool. Spread drained pineapple on top of cooled cake.
- Prepare pudding as instructed on package and set aside. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Mix in the prepared pudding. Fold in the whipped topping. Spread evenly over the pineapple.
- Sprinkle top with coconut, chopped walnuts and maraschino cherries. Store in refrigerator.
- Hawaiian Wedding Cake II is ready to serve.
Chocolate and Fruit Wed ding Cake Ingredients:
- 250g butter, chopped
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 200g dark chocolate, broken or chopped
- 1 ½ cups caster sugar
- 1 cup hot fresh coffee
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour
- ½ cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
How to Make the Chocolate Mud Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 160C (320F). Grease and line a deep 9-inch round tin.
- Mix the butter, oil, chocolate, sugar and hot coffee in a medium-sized saucepan. Stir over low heat until the mixture is smooth and glossy.
- While the butter and chocolate are melting, sift the flours and cocoa into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Using a large whisk, pour the chocolate mixture into the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs together thoroughly – the cake mixture is still hot, so any large strands of egg white may cook in the mixture! When the egg is well broken up, add to the mixture and whisk until just combined.
- Pour the thin batter into the cake tin and bake for two hours, or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean. Leave in its tin until completely cold, then turn out. If freezing the cake, leave the baking paper on the bottom and sides of the cake and wrap in several layers of brown paper, foil and a plastic bag.