Recipes for walnut cake
Walnut Cakes Ingredients
125g butter , at room temperature
- 125g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 125g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 heaped tbsp coffee , dissolved in 100ml water
- 100g walnut halves
How to make Walnut Cakes
- Heat the oven to 170C/fan 150C/fan Line a deep 18cm loose-based or springform cake tin. Beat the butter and sugar together with electric beaters and then beat in the eggs, flour and baking powder.
- Beat in 1 tbsp of the coffee mixture and then add up to another tbsp little by little until the mixture drops easily off the spoon. Keep the rest of the coffee mixture for the icing.
- Stir in half the walnuts, snapping them in half as you drop them into the bowl. Spoon into the tin, level the top and bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out cleanly. Cool.
- To make the icing, beat the butter until soft and then beat in 200g icing sugar followed by the remaining coffee mixture, little by little. Stop when you have a depth of colour and flavour that you like. If the icing looks a little soft, beat in extra icing sugar.
- Cut the cake into 3 slices horizontally and then sandwich the layers together with some of the icing, you need a reasonably thick layer. Ice the top of the cake with the rest of the icing and decorate with the rest of the walnuts.
Walnut Cakes is ready to serve.
Ready in 1hr
Digestive Biscuits – 150 gms
- Butter – Seventy five gms, melted
- Gelatine Powder — 1 tblsp
- Hot Water – Two tblsp
- Eggs – 3
- Walnuts – One hundred gms
- Hung Curd – Two hundred gms
- Honey – 2 tblsp
- Condensed Milk — Two hundred and fifty milliliter
- For Decoration:
- Thick Cream – 3 tblsp
- Hazelnuts — Three or four
How to make Walnut Cheesecake
- Grind the actual biscuits using a moving pin.
- Place the biscuit crumbs inside a dish.
- Mix in the melted butter.
- Lightly oil a large short dessert tin that has a detachable base.
- Push the actual cookie crumb combination in to the base of the dessert tin.
- Sprinkle the actual gelatine right into a little steel bowl containing the hot water.
- Put the dish over a bigger dish that contains hot water as well as tremble this from time to time until the gelatine dissolves.
- Cut the walnuts good.
- Separate the actual eggs.
- Whisk the actual egg yolks till they’re nicely blended.
- Include the hung curd and honey and beat with each other for a minute or two.
- Fold in the walnuts.
- One Take the cream until thick and fold it in to the mixture.
- One Whisk the actual egg-whites inside a dish till stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold this in to the mixture.
- One Pour the mixture over the biscuit-crumb base as well as chill until set.
- One Hold the cake container with you and drive the bottom upwards to get rid of the wedding cake in the tin.
- One Depart the wedding cake on the bottom and place it on a helping platter.
- One Decorate the top of the actual cheesecake along with swirls of cream as well as hazelnuts.
Walnut Cheesecake is ready to serve.
1 package Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® butter recipe yellow cake mix
- 1 mug water
- 1/2 mug chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 mug honey
- Three eggs
- 1/2 mug Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy butter cream ready-to-spread frosting
How to make Honey-Walnut Pound Cakes
- Heat stove in order to 350°. Oil as well as flour 2 lf pans, 8 1/2×4 1/2×2 1/2 or 9x5x3 in ..
- Beat dried out cake mix and remaining ingredients other than frosting within large dish with electrical mixing machine upon low speed 30 seconds. Defeat upon medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into cookware.
- Bake 8-inch loaves 50 in order to An hour, 9-inch loaves Forty to Forty five moments, or even till toothpick placed within middle comes out thoroughly clean. Awesome Ten minutes. Eliminate from cookware; awesome totally.
- Place frosting in microwavable bowl. Microwave discovered upon Medium (50%) Just a few seconds. Spread frosting more than covers of loaves, permitting some to drizzle down sides.
Honey-Walnut Pound Cakes is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
1 3/4 cups sugar
- One and a half cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups Martha White® Just about all Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups golden raisins or chopped dates
- Two cups coarsely chopped walnuts
How to make Walnut Raisin Pound Cake
- Heat oven to 325°F. Oil as well as flour 10-inch tube skillet. In big bowl, mix sugar as well as butter; beat until gentle as well as cosy. Add vanilla; blend nicely. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well following each add-on.
- Add Two cups of the flour, salt as well as nutmeg; blend nicely. In small bowl, combine raisins as well as leftover 1/4 cup flour; throw in order to layer. Add coated raisins and walnuts; blend well. Spoon batter into greased as well as floured pan.
- Bake from 325°F. with regard to One hour 10 minutes or until toothpick placed in center comes out thoroughly clean. Awesome within pan 10 minutes. Remove from skillet. Awesome One hour or till totally cooled.
Walnut Raisin Pound Cake is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
Eggless Date & Walnut Cake Ingredients
1/2 cup each of chopped dates, sugar, chopped walnuts, veg. oil
- curd : 1tbsp
- milk : less than 1/2 cup
- maida : 1cup
- baking soda : 1 flattened tsp.
How to make Eggless Date & Walnut Cake
- Grind together chopped dates,sugar, milk , curd for smooth paste.
- Pour in a mixing bowl and add oil , fold oil in properly.
- Take maida and baking soda & sieve tiwce together. Add this to the batter in mixing bowl along with walnuts.
- Now mix this batter till air starts getting in the batter.
- Meanwhile Pre-heat oven at 350 degree C Take a baking dish & powder it with little maida so cake comes out without sticking.
- Pour in the batter & settle it. Slide the dish in oven & let bake at 350 degree C for 50 mins.
- Check after 45 mins by piercing, if the knife comes out neat it’s done.
- Serve with Kheer or Custard along or eat alone.
Eggless Date & Walnut Cake is ready to serve.
Apple Walnut Cake Ingredients
3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 apples – peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
How to make Apple Walnut Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×13 inch pan. Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- Combine the apples and the white sugar; set aside. In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Stir in the apple mixture, then the flour mixture. Fold in the walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
Apple Walnut Cake is ready to serve.
Prep Time:25 Min
Cook Time:45 Min
Ready In:1 Hr 10 Min
Chocolate Walnut Cake Ingredients
4 ounces bittersweet or unsweetened chocolate ( I use unsweetened)
- 4 egg whites
- 12 tablespoons butter, warmed to room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1-2/3 cups flour, measure then sift
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground anise
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 cup milk
- Powdered sugar for dusting, optional
- Chocolate Walnut Cake
How to make Chocolate Walnut Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In a small saucepan carefully melt the chocolate so that it doesn’t scorch.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites and salt with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form, set aside.
- Toast the walnuts in the oven just enough to smell fragrant, but not to brown. Let cool then chop.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolks until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and walnuts. Mixing just until combined.
- Combine milk, melted chocolate into the egg/butter/sugar mixture by alternating each addition. (ie don’t dump and stir everything together.)
- With a spatula, gently fold in the beaten egg whites.
- Transfer to a well-greased Bundt pan.
- Bake for 60 – 75 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- If you like, sprinkle with powdered sugar. Or use a standard chocolate glaze, like I did in this picture.
- Chocolate Walnut Cake is ready to serve.
YIELD: One bundt cake
Date and Walnut Cake Ingredients
200 g (7 oz) stoned dried dates, chopped
- 30 g (1 oz) unsalted butter
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 240 ml (8 fl oz) boiling water
- 140 g (5 oz) light muscovado sugar
- 2 eggs
- 280 g (10 oz) plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp ground mixed spice
- pinch of salt
- 115 g (4 oz) walnuts, chopped
How to make Date and Walnut Cake
- Place the dates in a bowl with the butter and bicarbonate of soda. Pour over the boiling water and stir until the butter has melted. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF, gas mark 4). Lightly grease an 18 cm (7 in) round deep cake tin and line the bottom with baking parchment.
- Place the sugar and eggs in a large bowl and beat well to combine. Add the cooled date mixture, then sift in the flour, baking powder, mixed spice and salt. Add the walnuts and stir together until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and level the top. Bake for 1–1 1/4 hours or until the cake is risen and nicely browned and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Turn out onto a wire rack and leave to cool. The cake can be kept, wrapped in foil or stored in an airtight container, for up to 5 days.
Date and Walnut Cake is ready to serve.
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 1 hour 15 mins
Walnut Coffee Cake Ingredients
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (about 14 1/2 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 10 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat buttermilk
- Cooking spray
How to make Walnut Coffee Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine brown sugar, walnuts, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium-high speed until well combined (about 3 minutes). Add egg substitute; beat 3 minutes or until combined. Beat in vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating well after each addition and scraping sides of bowl. Spoon half of batter into a 10-inch Bundt pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle half of brown sugar mixture evenly over batter; spoon remaining half of batter into pan. Top with remaining brown sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
Yield: 16 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
Walnut cake Ingredients:
- ½ cup butter
- 1¾ cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2¾ teaspoons baking powder
- Yolks of 3 eggs
- Whites of 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ¾ cup walnut meat, broken in pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt
How to make Walnut cake:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix ingredients in order given.
- Pour in a buttered pan.
- Bake 45 minutes. Let cool.
- Cover with White Mountain Cream, crease in squares, and put one-half walnut on each square.