Recipes for vermicelli
Vermicelli Pudding Ingredients:
- 1 Litre Milk
- 200 gms Vermicelli
- 250 gms Sugar
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 2 Pinches Saffron
- 15-20 Pieces cashewnuts
- 8 tbsp Ghee
How to make Vermicelli Pudding:
- Fry the vermicelli in half of the ghee till it turns golden brown.
- Keep the milk for boiling. Add vermicelli in boiling milk.
- Boil the milk till the vermicelli is cooked.
- Add sugar and stir it to dissolve.
- Now add cardamom powder and saffron.
- Continue boiling till the desired consistency is achieved.
- Garnish it with fried cashewnuts.
- Put off the flame.
- Serve the vermicelli pudding hot or cold.
- 100 gms vermicelli (or seviyans)
- 250 gms milk
- 100 gms sugar [variable according to taste]
- 2 tblsp ghee
- 50 gms cashew nuts
- 1 tblsps cardamom, ground coarsely
- 2 tblsps raisins, soaked in water
How to make Seviyan Kheer (vermicelli)
- Heat ghee and fry vermecelli to golden brown.
- Add milk.
- Cook over medium flame till vermecelli turns soft and the mixture thick.
- Now add sugar.
- Stir well and cook till sugar is dissolved.
- Add cashew nuts and raisins.
- Garnish with cardamoms and serve hot.
Serves: 4 people
- 500 ml Milk
- 1/4 Cup Roasted Vermicelli/ Seviyan
- 2 T Sugar
- 5-6 Almonds chopped
- 5-6 Cashew nuts chopped
- 2 Green Cardamom pods grounded
How to make Dudh Ki Seviyan
- Put the milk to boil in a big vessel. After the first boil sim the gas and add the vermicelli, little by little and stirring continuously. Once all added cook on medium flame and add the cardamom. Keep stirring every 2 mins else it will stick to the bottom of the pot. Once the seviyan is cooked, add the finely chopped Almonds and Cashew nuts. Serve hot.
- 1/4 pound vermicelli
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 pound ground chicken
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp oil
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 scallions, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- Break the noodles in 2-inch lengths.
- Cover with boiling water and let soak 5 minutes; drain well.
- Mix together the cornstarch and water.
- Mix the pork, salt, pepper, and cornstarch mixture.
- Shape into walnut-size balls.
- Fry in hot oil until browned on all sides.
- Bring the broth to a boil; add the noodles and cook 5 minutes.
- Carefully drop the meat balls into the broth and cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in the soy sauce and scallions.
- Cook 3 minutes.
- Vermicelli meat ball soup is ready to serve.