Recipes for vegetables
Pakistani Vegetable Recipes from that are authentic, healthy, and easy to make. Includes traditional vegetarian recipes including easy vegetable recipes.Sponsored Links:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp crushed red chillies
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 medium capsicum, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli/cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup olives
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 thin pizza crusts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large non-stick pan, heat oil and add crushed red chillies, onion, pepper and capsicum and sauté them for five minutes or until they begin to soften.
- Toss in the broccoli or cauliflower florets and olives, and cook for a couple of minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place the pizza crusts on two non-stick baking trays and evenly sprinkle half the cheese.
- Spread the pizza sauce over them and then arrange the sautéed vegetables and tomato slices on the crusts.
- Sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella cheese on top and bake for 15 minutes or until the edges of the crust are golden brown.
- Serve immediately or reheat in the microwave to serve.
[singlepic id=462 w=320 h=240 float=center]
Tomato Soup Ingredients:
- 1 kg tomatoes
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 2-3 cardamoms
- 4 slices of bread (cut into cubes)
- 2 tbsp corn flour (dissolved in water)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp Chinese salt
- 1 tsp chili sauce
- 1 tsp Soya sauce
- 2 tsp oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Tomato Soup
- Boil tomatoes with a cup of water along with cinnamon and cardamoms. Boil until soft.
- Blend in a food processor. Transfer the mixture in a pan and add seasoning, corn flour and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil until it becomes thick. Fry bread pieces in oil.
Tomato Soup is ready to serve hot with fried bread.
Fried Vegetables Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups beer
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 1 carrot, cut into thick strips
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 6 fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced in rings
How to make Fried Vegetables
- In a medium bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cup flour and beer with a wooden spoon; let stand for at least 3 hours at room temperature.
- Mix eggs and milk in a small bowl. In a separate bowl mix together 1/2 cup flour and salt and pepper.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Dip each vegetable in the egg and milk mixture. Next dip the vegetable into the flour and seasoning mixture, finally dip the vegetable in the beer and flour mixture. Place the vegetables into the oil and fry until golden brown,
Fried Vegetables is ready to serve.
Vegetables Soup Ingredients:
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 capsicum finely chopped
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 1 cup cabbage finely chopped
- 2-3 green chilies roughly chopped
- 2 onions
- 1 spring onion (cut into cubes)
- 1cup tomato (cut into cubes)
- 1 cup peas
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Chinese salt
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp Soya sauce
- 1 tsp chili sauce
- 1 tsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ cup corn flour
How to make Vegetables Soup
- Mix all the vegetables in a pan, add two glasses of water and boil on low heat.
- When tender add chicken stock and boil for five to six minutes.
Mix the seasoning. Mix corn flour in a half cup of water and add to the soup, remove.
Vegetables Soup is ready to serve.
Oven fried Potato Chips Ingredients
4 russet (baking) potatoes, peeled and also cut up diagonally 1/8 in . thick
- 1/2 stay (1/4 cup) involving butter, dissolved
- Coarse salt to taste
How to make Oven fried Potato Chips
- Pat the potatoes dry between paper towels and arrange them in one layer in 2 buttered cookie sheets pans.
- Brush the potatoes with the butter, bake them in a preheated 500°F oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Sprinkle them with the salt.
- Oven fried Potato Chips is ready to serve.
Yield: Serves 4
Garlic Chicken with vegetables Ingredients:
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 (about 175g each) half chicken breasts on the bone
- 250ml (1 cup) chicken stock
- 500g pink fir apple potatoes, unpeeled, scrubbed
- 250g green beans, topped
How to make Garlic Chicken with vegetables:
- Combine the oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the chicken breasts and toss to coat.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, skin-side down, and any remaining oil mixture. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden. Add the stock and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for 12-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a large saucepan and coverwith plenty of cold water. Add a pinch of salt, cover and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook, partially covered, for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain, cut in half lengthways and return to the pan. Cover to keep warm. (See microwave tip.)
- Cook beans in a small saucepan of boiling water for 3-4 minutes or until tender crisp. Drain.
- Arrange the chicken, potatoes and beans in serving bowls. Drizzle with the pan juices and serve.
Raw Veggie Salad Ingredients
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 cups chopped broccoli
- 3 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 3 cups chopped celery
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 cup sweetened-dried cranberries
- 1 cup raw Spanish peanuts
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
How to make Raw Veggie Salad
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower, celery, peas and cranberries.
- Wisk together the sugar, salt, vinegar, grated onion, cheese and mayonnaise. Pour dressing over the salad; add nuts and bacon and toss well.
- Raw Veggie Salad is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook Time: 15 Min
Ready In: 30 Min
Saute Vegetables Pasta Ingredients:
- 16 ounces rotelle or fusilli pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 scallions, chopped (green and white parts)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 to 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 cup reduced-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups snow peas, ends trimmed
- 1 cup Sauteed Wild Mushrooms, recipe follows
- 1/2 cup Greek olives
- 1/2 cup cubed smoked mozzarella cheese
How to make Saute Vegetables Pasta:
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add scallions and garlic and saute 1 minute. Add carrots and broccoli and saute 5 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Add 1/2 teaspoon each salt and black pepper and stir to coat. Add broth, tomatoes, snow peas, and mushrooms and bring to a simmer. Pour sauce over cooked pasta and toss to combine. Top with olives and smoked mozzarella cheese just before serving.
Chinese Fried Vegetables Ingredients:
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- 1/2 red onion, trimmed and cut into 4 wedges, layers separated
- 2 heads baby bok choy, trimmed, cut lengthwise in quarters
- 1/4 pound Chinese broccoli, stems and leaves separated, each cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 pound Chinese long beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 scallions, trimmed, 5 cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces, 1 thinly sliced and reserved separately
- 1/4 head Napa cabbage, leaves cut crosswise into 1-inch-wide strips
- 2/3 cup good-quality chicken stock or broth, vegetable broth, or water, heated
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
How to make Chinese Fried Vegetables:
- Heat a large wok over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of the oil. When the oil is hot, add the ginger, garlic, and chili flakes and stir-fry just until they are aromatic, about 30 seconds. Scoop out the aromatics and set them aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the wok. When it is hot, add the onion pieces and stir-fry until they turn glossy and bright, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the bok choy and the Chinese broccoli stem pieces. Stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Add the long beans and the 1-inch scallion pieces. Continue stir-frying until they are bright green and glossy, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Add the Napa cabbage and the Chinese broccoli leaves, along with about 1/3 cup of the hot stock and the reserved aromatics. Continue stir-frying until the vegetables are all tender-crisp, about 2 minutes more. Add the remaining stock, soy sauce, and cornstarch mixture and stir-fry until the vegetables all look lightly glazed with sauce, about 1 minute more.
- Transfer the stir-fried vegetables to a heated serving dish. Garnish with the sliced scallions and sesame seeds and serve immediately.
Oven Fried Vegetables Ingredients:
- 1/4 c. fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 T. parmesan cheese
- 1/8 t. paprika
- 2/3 c. 1/4″ sliced mushrooms
- 2 T. Italian salad dressing
- 2/3 c. 1/4″ thick sliced onion rings
- 2/3 c. 1/4″ thick sliced cauliflower
How to make Oven Fried Vegetables:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking oil spray.
- Set aside.
- Stir together breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and paprika in a 9″ pie plate until well mixed.
- Place vegetables in a medium bowl.
- Drizzle salad dressing over vegetables and toss till coated.
- Roll vegetables in crumb mixture till coated.
- Place the coated vegetables in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden.