Recipes for vegetable
Roast Vegetable Salad Ingredients
750g (1/2 large) butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces (see card)
- 1kg sebago potatoes, scrubbed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 brown onions, halved, cut into wedges
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 275g baby roma tomatoes, halved
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
How to make Roast Vegetable Salad
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place pumpkin, potatoes and onions on a large baking tray. Spray lightly with oil. Season with salt, pepper and thyme. Roast for 40 minutes.
- Add tomatoes to baking tray and roast for a further 20 minutes.
- Transfer roast vegetables to a large bowl. Add chickpeas. Whisk oil, 1/2 cup lemon juice, garlic and sugar in a jug until well combined. Pour over vegetables. Add parsley and toss gently to combine. Serve.
Roast Vegetable Salad is ready to serve.
Cooking Time 60 minutes
Mozzarella and Tomato Appetizer Tray Ingredients
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and julienned
- crushed red pepper to taste
How to make Mozzarella and Tomato Appetizer Tray
- In a medium bowl, mix together parsley, basil, oregano, capers, garlic and olive oil.
- On a serving platter, arrange mozzarella cheese slices and tomato slices in alternating layers. Top with roasted red peppers. Drizzle with the herb and olive oil mixture. Cover and chill in the refrigerator 30 minutes before sprinkling with crushed red pepper and serving.
- Mozzarella and Tomato Appetizer Tray is ready to serve.
Prep Time:20 Min
Ready In:50 Min
Homemade Horseradish Sauce Ingredients
3 Tbsp prepared horseradish (here’s how to make prepared horseradish)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp chopped chives or the greens of a green onion
How to make Homemade Horseradish Sauce
- Mix ingredients together. Serve as a sauce for steak or pork.
- Makes about 1/2 a cup.
Jalapeno Snacks Ingredients
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 20 large jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cut in half
How to make Jalapeno Snacks
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Stir together the cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, ranch dressing mix, and garlic powder in a mixing bowl until evenly blended. Spoon some of the cheese mixture into each jalapeno half, wrap with half a bacon strip, and secure with a toothpick. Arrange the wrapped jalapeno halves onto a broiler pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the bacon is no longer pink and beginning to brown, about 20 minutes.
- Jalapeno Snacks is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:20 Min
Ready In:35 Min
Tomato Corn and Avocado Salsa Ingredients
1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 1/2 cups diced roma tomatoes
- 3/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 avocados – peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
How to make Tomato Corn and Avocado Salsa
- Mix together corn, olives, tomatoes, onion, red pepper, and jalapeno pepper in a large bowl. Gently fold in diced avocado, olive oil, lime juice, and salt.
- Tomato Corn and Avocado is Salsa ready to serve.
Prep Time:30 Min
Ready In:30 Min
Bruschetta with Shallots Ingredients
12 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, cut into slivers
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (1 pound) loaf Italian bread, cut into 1/2 inch slices
How to make Bruschetta with Shallots
- In a large bowl, toss together the roma tomatoes, minced garlic, shallots, basil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and 1/3 cup olive oil.
- Place the slivered garlic and 1/4 cup olive oil in small saucepan over medium heat. Slowly cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes. Discard garlic.
- Toast the bread slices, and brush with the olive oil heated with garlic. Top slices with the roma tomato mixture.
- Bruschetta with Shallots is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Ready In:15 Min
Cucumber Mango Salsa Ingredients
3 mangos – peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 cucumber – peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, or to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make Cucumber Mango Salsa
- Stir together the mango, cucumber, jalapeno pepper, onion, garlic, and cilantro in a mixing bowl. Season with lime juice, salt, and pepper. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving to allow the flavors to blend.
- Cucumber Mango Salsa is ready to serve.
Prep Time:30 Min
Ready In:2 Hrs 30 Min
Indian Relish Ingredients
2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
How to make Indian Relish
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix together red bell peppers, onion, white wine vinegar, sugar and crushed red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Stirring occasionally, cook 30 minutes, or until thickened. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight before serving.
- Iindian Relish is ready to serve.
Prep Time:5 Min
Cook Time:30 Min
Ready In:4 Hrs 35 Min
Daddy’s Popcorn Ingredients
1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt, or to taste
How to make Daddy’s Popcorn
- Start by cutting a paper grocery sack in half. This will serve as a makeshift serving bowl and it will absorb excess oil.
- In a 2 quart pot, combine the oil, margarine and popcorn. Set over high heat, and constantly shake the pan back and forth. After the first kernel of corn pops, place the lid on the pot, and continue shaking. When the popcorn starts to lift the lid up off the pan, remove it from the heat, and hold it over the paper bag until it stops popping.
- Pour into the paper sack and season with half of the seasoned salt. Shake the paper sack to distribute the salt. Taste before adding more so you don’t make it too salty. You can always add more salt.
- Daddy’s Popcorn is ready to serve.
Prep Time:2 Min
Cook Time:5 Min
Ready In:7 Min
Egg vegetable fried rice Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain white rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, divided
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 3/4 cup snow peas
- 3 green onions, sliced
How to make Egg vegetable fried rice:
- Place rice and water in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, or until rice is tender. Transfer to a medium container, and place in the refrigerator 1 hour, or until chilled.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic, and cook until tender.
- In a medium bowl, blend eggs and 1 tablespoon soy sauce. Stir into the medium skillet, and cook until no longer runny. Remove onion, garlic, and eggs from heat, and set aside. Chop any large egg chunks into small pieces.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Stir in the celery, mushrooms, and green pepper. Cook until tender but firm. Stir in rice, bamboo shoots, carrots, and snow peas. Season with remaining soy sauce. Cook and stir 5 minutes, or until rice is heated through. Mix in the onion, garlic, and eggs.