Recipes for vanilla
Vanilla Cream Cake Ingredients
1 box Duncan Hines cake mix (white OR yellow)
- 1 – 3.5oz. box Jell-O vanilla INSTANT pudding/pie filling
- 1 1/3 cups cold water
- 4 eggs1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/3 cups Baker’s angelflake coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Frosting: 1/3 cup butter, 2 – 3oz. packages Philadelphia cream cheese, 1lb. Domino’s
- powdered sugar, 4 tsp. milk, 1 tsp. vanilla, 2 cups Baker’s angelflake coconut
How to make Vanilla Cream Cake
- In a mixer add cake mix, pudding mix, water, eggs, oil–beat for 4 minutes. Remove
- from mixer and use a wooden spoon to add coconut and nuts–stir. Pour batter into a
- greased and floured 10″ tube cake pan (angelfood cake pan). Bake at 325 degrees
- for 60 minutes. Test with a toothpick for doneness. Cool the cake 20 minutes, then
- remove from pan (use a knife to go around the sides, invert onto a plate). Frosting: in
- a mixer, add butter and cream cheese–beat. Add vanilla and milk–beat. Add
- powdered sugar slowly–beat until smooth. When cake is completely cool frost the top and sides of the cake. Sprinkle the frosting with the 2 cups of coconut. Keep
Vanilla Cream Cake is ready to serve.
Cappuccino Mousse Trifle Ingredients
2-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1/3 cup instant coffee granules
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 loaves (10-3/4 ounces each) frozen pound cake, thawed and cubed
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
How to make Cappuccino Mousse Trifle
- In a large bowl, stir milk and coffee granules until dissolved; remove 1 cup and set aside.
- Add pudding mixes to the remaining milk mixture; beat on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Fold in half of the whipped topping.
- Place a third of the cake cubes in a 4-qt. serving or trifle bowl.
- Layer with a third of the reserved milk mixture and pudding mixture and a fourth of the grated chocolate.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Garnish with remaining whipped topping and chocolate.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Cappuccino Mousse Trifle is ready to serve.
Prep time: 35 min.
yield: 16-20 Servings
Raspberry Cream Trifle Ingredients
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Chocolate curls and fresh mint
How to make Raspberry Cream Trifle
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, water and extract until blended.
- Add pudding mix; whisk for 2 minutes.
- Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Cover and chill until mixture is partially set.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Place half of the cake cubes in a 2-qt. glass serving bowl.
- Top with half of the cream mixture.
- Carefully spread with jam.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup raspberries.
- Layer with remaining cake cubes, cream mixture and raspberries.
- Garnish with chocolate curls and mint.
- Raspberry Cream Trifle is ready to serve.
Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
Yield: 14-16 Servings
Toffee Brownie Trifle Ingredients
1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 2-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant cheesecake or vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (3.3 ounces) instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 to 3 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), chopped
How to make Toffee Brownie Trifle
- Prepare and bake brownies according to package directions for cake-like brownies, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding mixes on low speed for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in whipped topping.
- Cut the brownies into 1-in. cubes; place half in a 3-qt. glass trifle bowl or serving dish. Cover with half of the pudding. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with chopped candy bars. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Toffee Brownie Trifle is ready to serve.
Prep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
Yield: 16 servings.
Fruity Angel Food Trifle Ingredients
4 cups cold milk
- 2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (9 inch) prepared angel food cake*
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can sliced pears, drained
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 4 kiwifruit, peeled, halved, and thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
How to make Fruity Angel Food Trifle
- In a mixing bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes; set aside.
- Split cake horizontally into thirds; place one layer in a 5-qt. serving bowl that is 9 in. in diameter.
- Top with a third of the pudding, whipped topping and fruit.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Fruity Angel Food Trifle is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 20 Min
Ready In: 20 Min
Yield: 16 Servings
Strawberry Yogurt Trifle Ingredients
5 cups cubed angel food cake
- 1 cup (8 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup whipped topping, divided
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon flaked coconut, toasted
How to make Strawberry Yogurt Trifle
- Place cake cubes in a 2-qt. bowl.
- Combine the yogurt and 3/4 cup whipped topping; spoon over the cake. Top with the strawberries and remaining whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
- Strawberry Yogurt Trifle is ready to serve.
Yield: 4-5 servings
Prep/Total Time: 20 min.
Roasted Pear Trifle Ingredients
2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups low-fat milk, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
for Roasted Pears & Trifle
- 8 firm, ripe Bosc pears, (about 3 1/4 pounds), peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, (optional)
- 3/4 cup apricot fruit spread, or preserves
- 3 3-ounce packages ladyfingers
- 4 tablespoons amaretto, divided
- 1 pint raspberries, rinsed
- 1 3/4 cups Vanilla Cream, (recipe follows) or “lite” frozen whipped topping, thawed (optional)
How to make Roasted Pear Trifle
To prepare custard:
- Whisk eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, salt and 1/2 cup milk in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Heat the remaining 3 cups milk in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat until steaming.
- Gradually pour the hot milk into the egg mixture, whisking constantly.
- Return this mixture to the pan and cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until the custard bubbles and thickens. (Use caution, as hot custard will sputter.)
- Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla.
- Transfer the custard to a shallow glass dish.
- Press plastic wrap directly onto the surface and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour or overnight.
To roast pears:
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Toss pears, 2 tablespoons sugar and lemon juice in a large bowl. Spread the pears on the prepared baking sheet. Roast the pears until tender and golden brown in spots, turning occasionally, 45 to 50 minutes.
- While the pears are roasting, toast almonds, if using, in a small baking pan until fragrant, 4 to 5 minutes. Set aside.
- To assemble trifle: Melt apricot preserves in a small saucepan over low heat. Arrange 14 to 15 ladyfingers in the bottom of a trifle bowl (8-inch diameter), trimming them if necessary to fit tightly. Drizzle 1 tablespoon amaretto over the ladyfingers and dot with 3 tablespoons of the preserves. Top with one-third of the roasted pears (about 1 1/3 cups) and a scant 1/2 cup raspberries. Spread 3/4 cup custard over. Repeat layering 2 more times with ladyfingers, amaretto, preserves, fruit and custard. Top with 13 to 15 ladyfingers (you may have leftovers); drizzle with remaining amaretto. Spread remaining custard over the top. Cover and refrigerate until cold, at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make Vanilla Cream, if using.
- Shortly before serving, spread Vanilla Cream (or whipped topping) on top of the trifle, if desired, and garnish with toasted almonds, if desired, and the remaining raspberries.
- Roasted Pear Trifle Recipe is ready to serve.
- refrigerate, without Vanilla Cream, for up to 2 days.
- Ladyfingers can be found in the in-store bakery of most supermarkets.
- Replace amaretto with 4 tablespoons orange juice mixed with 1/4 teaspoon almond extract.
yield: 20 servings (about 2/3 cup each)
Prep. Time: 1 1/2 hours
Total Time: 4 hours including chilling
Chocolate Raspberry Trifle ingredients
1 1/2 cups LAND O LAKES® Traditional Half & Half
- 1 (2.9-ounce) box custard pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Sponge Cake
- Sifted powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 All-Natural Eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Chambord or orange juice
- 1/2 cup seedless red raspberry jam
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 4 (1-ounce) squares semi-sweet or bittersweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Fresh red raspberries, if desired
- Fresh mint leaves, if desired
How to make Chocolate Raspberry Trifle
- Combine half & half and custard mix in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat just until mixture comes to boil (6 to 8 minutes). Remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Cover surface with plastic food wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease 15x10x1-inch jelly-roll pan. Line bottom of pan with parchment or waxed paper; grease paper. Arrange 18-inch long piece of parchment or waxed paper on wire rack; sprinkle generously with powdered sugar. Set aside.
- Combine flour, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Beat 4 egg whites in small bowl at high speed until foamy. Continue beating, gradually adding 1/4 cup sugar, until glossy and stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar, 4 egg yolks and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at high speed, scraping bowl often until thick and lemon colored (5 minutes). Gently stir in beaten egg whites by hand, alternately with flour mixture, until just mixed.
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Immediately loosen cake from edges of pan. Invert onto prepared parchment or waxed paper. Remove pan; peel off paper. Cool completely.
- Beat whipping cream in small bowl at high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently stir 2 cups whipped cream into cooled custard mixture.
- Trim off edges of cake; drizzle Chambord over cake. Spread jam onto cake. Cut into 24 (2 1/2×2-inch) rectangles. Place 12 cake rectangles, jam-side up, in bottom of 2 to 3-quart glass serving bowl. Spoon half of custard on top. Sprinkle with half of raspberries, half of chocolate and half of almonds. Repeat layers.
- Spoon remaining whipped cream on top of dessert. Garnish with fresh raspberries and mint leaves, if desired.
- Chocolate Raspberry Trifle Recipe is ready to serve.
prep time: 60 min.
total time: 1:45
yield: 12 servings
Cranberry Trifle Ingredients
2 bags (12 ounces each) cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 1 / 4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 bar (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 / 4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 / 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 homemade or store-bought all-butter pound cake (12 ounces each), cut 3/4-inch-thick slices Writing
- Candied Orange Zest, for Garnish (optional)
How to make Cranberry Trifle
- In a medium saucepan, combine cranberries, 2 cups granulated sugar, ginger, and 2 cups water. Bring to a simmer on medium, cook cranberries start to burst Until, 8 to 10 minutes. Let compote cool Completely.
- Make cream filling: Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, brown sugar, granulated Remaining cup sugar, and vanilla on high Until well combined. With mixer on medium, gradually add heavy cream, beating continuously Until soft peaks form.
- Arrange 1 / 3 of cake into a 3-quart serving dish. Spoon 1 / 3 of sauce over cake, spread to sides of dish. Dollop 1 / 3 of cream filling over sauce, spread to sides of dish. Twice Repeat, ending with cream filling. Cover; Please tick at least 2 hours (or up to 1 day). Garnish with Candied Orange Zest, if Desired.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1 / 2 cup and 1 / 2 cup to a boil, Stirring to dissolve sugar. Add (peeled Writing lung strips with a vegetable peeler), simmer, swirling Occasionally, Until zest is tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to a plate. Dredge zest into sugar, and slice thinly.
- Make this gingery fruit dessert with Vanilla Pound Cake.
Prep: 35 minutes
Total: 35 minutes plus chilling
Blackberry Trifle Ingredients
1-1/2 cups cold milk 1%
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 / 2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1 loaf (13.6 ounces) reduced-fat pound cake, cubed
- 4 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened blackberries
How to make Blackberry Trifle
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes or Until Slightly thickened.
- Add sour cream, mix well.
- Fold in whipped topping. In a 2-qt. trifle dish or deep glass bowl, layer half of the cake cubes, half of the berries and half of the pudding mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Please tick and cover for 2-3 hours before serving.
- Blackberry Trifle is ready to serve
Prep: 10 min + chilling
yield: 8 Servings