Tuna Stuffed Eggs Ingredients
- 1/3 cup high quality imported tuna packed in olive oil, drained and flaked fine.
- 2 T mayonnaise (use homemade if you really want this to be delicious!)
- 1 T fresh lemon or lime juice
- 2 T capers
- salt & pepper to taste
- 12 oil packed anchovies, drained
- 1 T pimento peppers or roasted red bell peppers
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
How to make Tuna Stuffed Eggs
- Place the eggs in the bottom of a pan, cover with water by about an inch.
- Place the egg-and-water filled pan on a burner and bring to a boil.
- Cover with a lid and move the pan to a cool burner as soon as it comes to a boil.
- Let sit for 15 minutes. Then put the pan in the sink and run cold water over the eggs until they’re cool.
- Peel the eggs, and cut in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks to a separate bowl.
- Mash the egg yolks well and add the tuna, mayonnaise, lemon or lime juice, and capers.
- Taste, and add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Spoon the egg yolk mixture back into the eggs, and be sure to overfill the little yolk-holes luxuriously.
- Roll up the anchovy fillets into little spirals, and top each stuffed egg half with one. Place a little pimento pepper peeking right out form the middle of the anchovy.
- Arrange attractively on a serving platter and sprinkle with parsley.
Tuna Stuffed Eggs is ready to serve.
15 minutes to make