Recipes for Tuna
Tuna Cutlets Ingredients
1 tin tuna chunks (250gms)
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1 tbsp mint leaves (phudina)
- 1 tsp chopped green chillies
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp cornflour
How to make Tuna Cutlets
- Finely chop coriander leaves, mint leaves and green chillies.
- Mix together with the tuna chunks and the rest of the ingredients.
- Make a paste of cornflour with 2 tbsp water/milk and add to the mixture.
- Shape into oval cutlets and deep fry in hot oil.
- Drain onto absorbent paper and serve hot with taarind sauce.
Tuna Cutlets is ready to serve.
Tuna Stuffed Eggs Ingredients
- 1/3 cup high quality imported tuna packed in olive oil, drained and flaked fine.
- 2 T mayonnaise (use homemade if you really want this to be delicious!)
- 1 T fresh lemon or lime juice
- 2 T capers
- salt & pepper to taste
- 12 oil packed anchovies, drained
- 1 T pimento peppers or roasted red bell peppers
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
How to make Tuna Stuffed Eggs
- Place the eggs in the bottom of a pan, cover with water by about an inch.
- Place the egg-and-water filled pan on a burner and bring to a boil.
- Cover with a lid and move the pan to a cool burner as soon as it comes to a boil.
- Let sit for 15 minutes. Then put the pan in the sink and run cold water over the eggs until they’re cool.
- Peel the eggs, and cut in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks to a separate bowl.
- Mash the egg yolks well and add the tuna, mayonnaise, lemon or lime juice, and capers.
- Taste, and add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Spoon the egg yolk mixture back into the eggs, and be sure to overfill the little yolk-holes luxuriously.
- Roll up the anchovy fillets into little spirals, and top each stuffed egg half with one. Place a little pimento pepper peeking right out form the middle of the anchovy.
- Arrange attractively on a serving platter and sprinkle with parsley.
Tuna Stuffed Eggs is ready to serve.
15 minutes to make
Tuna Supreme Sandwich Ingredients
1 (6-ounce) can tuna shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 green onions, chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon capers, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard powder shopping list
- 2 large crusty rolls (halved) or 4 slices good-quality whole-grain bread shopping
- Whole-grain mustard or Dijon-style mustard shopping list
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 hard-cooked egg, sliced shopping list
- 6 fresh basil leaves shopping list
- Some lettuce leaves shopping list
- sliced banana peppers shopping list
How to make Tuna Supreme Sandwich
- In a small bowl, combine tuna, olive oil, garlic, wine vinegar, onions, capers, and mustard powder.
- Spread roll halves or bread slices with mustard. Spread tuna mixture over
mustard. Top with tomato slices, egg slices, and basil leaves.and lettuce leaves and
banana pepper slices Top with remaining roll halves or bread slices. Transfer to
individual serving plates to serve.
Tuna Supreme Sandwich is ready to serve.
5 minutes to make
Tropical Tuna Sandwich Ingredients
1 can (6 ounces) tune, water packed, drained shopping list
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise, free shopping list
- 1 tbsp crushed pineapple, drained shopping list
- 1 celery stalk, chopped finely shopping list
- 2 tbsp sweet relish shopping list
- 1 tsp mustard shopping list
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 4 slices whole wheat bread shopping list
How to make Tropical Tuna Sandwich
- Combine tuna, mayonnaise, pineapple, celery, relish, mustard and cinnamon; mix well.
- Spread aprtion of tuna to 2 slices of bread. Top with remaining slices of bread.
- Lightly coat a skillet with non stick cooking spray. Grill sandwiches 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until sandwiches are warm and bread is slightly brown.
Tropical Tuna Sandwich is ready to serve.
5 minutes to make
Italian tuna balls Ingredients
2 160g cans of tuna in sunflower or olive oil, drained (reserve a little oil)
- small handful of pine nuts
- freshly grated zest 1 lemon
- small handful parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg , beaten
- 400g spaghetti
- 500g jar pasta sauce
How to make Italian tuna balls
- Flake the tuna into a bowl, then tip in the pine nuts, lemon zest, parsley, breadcrumbs and egg. Season and mix together with your hands until completely combined. Roll the mix into 12 walnut-size balls. Put a large pan of salted water on to boil, then cook the spaghetti according to pack instructions.
- Heat a little of the tuna oil in a large non-stick frying pan, then fry the tuna balls for 5 mins, turning every minute or so until completely golden. Drain on kitchen paper. Heat the tomato sauce, then toss together with the pasta and tuna balls.
- Italian tuna balls is ready to serve.
Prep 15 mins
Ready in 20 mins
Tuna Patty Sandwiches Ingredients
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 sandwich rolls, split
How to make Tuna Patty Sandwiches
- In a bowl, combine the egg, mustard, crumbs and tuna; mix well. Shape into four patties (mixture will be soft). In a skillet over medium heat, fry patties in oil on both sides until lightly browned. Place two patties on each roll.
- Tuna Patty Sandwiches is ready to serve.
Prep/Total Time: 20 min.
Yield: 2 servings.
Mexican Tuna Salad Ingredients
1 6-ounce can chunk light tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 green bell pepper, minced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1/4 cup prepared green salsa
- 6 pimiento-stuffed olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
How to make Mexican Tuna Salad
- Combine tuna, bell pepper, scallions, salsa, olives, mayonnaise, lime juice and cumin in a medium bowl. Mix with a fork; season with pepper.
- Mexican Tuna Salad is ready to serve.
Prep Time:0 mins
Total Time:10 mins
Tuna Noodle Salad Ingredients
2 cans of tuna
- 1 cup peas
- 4 tbsp light whipped salad dressing
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni
How to make Tuna Noodle Salad
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Add tuna, peas, and salad dressing.
- Drain noodles and cool.
- Gently mix all ingredients and chill.
- Tuna Noodle Salad is ready to serve.
Number of Servings: 4
Baked Tuna Pie Ingredients:
13 oz of evaporated milk
- 10 oz of frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 7 ounces (1 can) of tuna, drained, flaked
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup of enriched corn meal
- 1/3 cup of margarine
- ¼ cup of cold water
- ¼ cup of grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of dillweed
- Lemon wedges, to serve with
How to make Baked Tuna Pie
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine flour, corn meal and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Cut in the margarine until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add water, one tablespoon at a time, stirring lightly with a fork until the mixture forms a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry to form a twelve-inch circle. Fit this loosely into nine-inch glass pie plate. Trim, turn edges under and flute.
- Place the broccoli between layers of paper towels and pat gently to absorb excess water. Combine the broccoli, the other ¼ teaspoon of salt and remaining ingredients; mixing thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the pastry shell and bake for 60 minutes.
- Allow to stand for ten 10 minutes, then serve with lemon wedges.
- Baked Tuna Pie is ready to serve.
Banana Chocolate Cream Pie Ingredients
1 frozen pie shell, pricked several times with tines of a fork
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding, prepared to package directions
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced thin on an angle
- 1 can spray whipped cream
- 1 dark chocolate candy bar
How to make Banana Chocolate Cream Pie
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Bake pie shell 10 to 12 minutes, until golden. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Line the baked and cooled pie shell with a layer of chocolate pudding, half of the prepared amount. Add a layer of bananas. Top with remaining prepared instant chocolate pudding and remaining bananas. Cover the top with a giant swirl of whip cream from the spray can, starting at the center and working out. Shave a chocolate bar with a vegetable peeler and top pie with shavings.
- Banana Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe is ready to serve.
Cook 12 min