Black Forest Trifle Ingredients
1 pkg (18-21 oz) brownie mix (plus ingredients to make cake-like brownies)
- 2 bars (1.55 ounces each) milk chocolate candy, divided
- 3 cups cherry pie filling
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup cranberry-cherry juice
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 pkg (3.3 oz each) white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
How to make Black Forest Trifle
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions for cake-like brownies; spread batter over bottom of Large Bar Pan. Bake 18-20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Loosen brownie from sides of bar pan and invert onto flat side of Large Grooved Cutting Board. Cut brownie into 1-in. cubes; set aside. Chop 11/2 of the chocolate bars using Food Chopper. Reserve remaining chocolate for garnish.
- combine pie filling and almond extract in Small Batter Bowl; set aside 1/2 cup for garnish. Stir juice into batter bowl.
- Pour milk into Classic Batter Bowl; add pudding mix and whisk until mixture begins to thicken. Fold in whipped topping.
- To assemble trifle, place half of the brownie cubes into bottom of Trifle Bowl. Layer with half of the pie filling mixture. Sprinkle with half of the chopped chocolate; top with half of the pudding mixture. Repeat layer one time.
- Make chocolate curls with reserved chocolate using Vegetable Peeler (see Cook’s Tip). Garnish top of trifle with reserved pie filling mixture and chocolate curls. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Pampered Chef, Black Forest Trifle is ready to serve.
Yield: 16 servings