Recipes for tortilla
Tortilla Chicken Drumsticks Ingredients:
8 oz Tortilla chips
- 2½ lb drumsticks
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 large egg
How to make Tortilla Chicken Drumsticks
- Pulse chips, 2 tsp chili powder, cumn and salt in a food processor until coarsely ground.
- Whisk egg and remaining 2 tsp chili powder in a bowl.
- Season chicken with salt, then dip in egg mixture.
- Fully cover with tortilla chips, then bake, without turning at 450 for 40-50 minutes.
Tortilla Chicken Drumsticks is ready to serve.
Baked Tortilla Chips Ingredients
1 (12 ounce) package corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
How to make Baked Tortilla Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut each tortilla into 8 chip sized wedges and arrange the wedges in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- In a mister, combine the oil and lime juice. Mix well and spray each tortilla wedge until slightly moist.
- Combine the cumin, chili powder and salt in a small bowl and sprinkle on the chips.
- Bake for about 7 minutes. Rotate the pan and bake for another 8 minutes or until the chips are crisp, but not too brown. Serve with salsas, garnishes or guacamole.
Baked Tortilla Chips is ready to serve.
Prep Time:10 Min
Cook Time:15 Min
Ready In:25 Min
Breakfast Tortilla Wrap Ingredients
1 strip turkey bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped green sweet pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten, or 1/4 cup refrigerated egg product
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomato
- Few dashes bottled hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 warmed 8-inch fat-free flour tortilla
How to make Breakfast Tortilla Wrap
- In a medium nonstick skillet cook bacon until crisp. Add green pepper, cumin, and salt and crushed red pepper, if desired. Cook for 3 minutes. Add egg whites or egg product; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in tomato and hot pepper sauce, if desired. Spoon onto tortilla and roll up. Makes 1 serving.
Breakfast Tortilla Wrap is ready to serve.
Time :15 min.
Corn Tortilla Chicken Lasagna Ingredients:
- 36 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 6 cups shredded or cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cans (one 28 ounces, one 16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 jars (16 ounces each) salsa
- 3 cups (24 ounces) sour cream
- 3 large green peppers, chopped
- 3 cans (3.8 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
How to make Corn Tortilla Chicken Lasagna:
- In each of two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes, arrange six tortillas. Top each with 1 cup chicken, 2/3 cup kidney beans, 1 cup salsa, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup green pepper, about 1/3 cup olives, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 casseroles (12 servings each).
- 1 pound Chicken Thighs, skin removed
- 3 cups Cold Water
- 2 (14-1/2 ounces each) cans Fat-Free Reduced-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 (15 ounces) can Black Beans, rinsed
- 1 (15 ounces) can Whole Kernel Corn
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 cup crumbled Tortilla Chips
- 1/2 cup chopped Cilantro
- Lime Wedges
- Add chicken thighs and cold water to stockpot.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 25 minutes.
- Add additional water, if necessary keep chicken covered.
- Remove chicken to cutting board.
- Add chicken broth to stockpot. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in black beans, whole kernel corn, diced tomatoes, ground cumin, and dried oregano.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken meat from thigh bones. Shred with a fork.
- Stir shredded chicken and tortilla chips into soup.
- Simmer 1 minute.
- Remove soup from heat.
- Stir in cilantro. Garnish with lime wedges.