Chicken Tomato Onion Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken, cut in serving size pieces (about 3 pounds chicken parts)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) tomatoes, drained and diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh chopped parsley
How to make Chicken Tomato Onion:
- Heat butter over medium heat in a large heavy skillet. Add chicken and brown on all sides; remove chicken.
- Add onion to the skillet; saute for about 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add flour and garlic; stir until well blended. Whisk in wine and chicken broth; continue to cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened.
- Add half of the tomatoes, salt and pepper, and browned chicken. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken to a hot serving platter and keep hot. Add remaining tomatoes to the skillet and simmer for 5 minutes. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with a little chopped fresh parsley.
- Chicken with tomatoes serves 4.