Tiny Chicken Turnovers Ingredients
3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 3/4 cups shredded, cooked chicken meat
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, diced
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup butter, chilled
- 5 tablespoons cold water
How to make Tiny Chicken Turnovers
- In a large skillet saute the onion in the butter until tender. Stir in the chicken, chicken broth, garlic salt, poultry seasoning, pepper and cream cheese. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, salt and paprika; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms.
- On a floured surface roll out the pastry to 1/16 inch thick. Cut with a 2 1/2 inch round cookie or biscuit cutter. Reroll scraps and cut more circles until the pastry is used up.
- Mound a heaping teaspoon of filling on half of each circle. Moisten edges with water and fold pastry over filling to make a half moon shape. Press edges with a fork to seal. Prick tops with a fork for steam vents.
- Place turnovers on a baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Tiny Chicken Turnovers is ready to serve.