Aloo Methi ki Tikki Ingredients
2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped ginger (adrak)
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup boiled and mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves
- 3 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi) , dry roasted and crushed
- 2 tsp dried mango powder (amchur) powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander (dhania) leaves
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs for rolling
- oil for cooking
How to make Aloo Methi ki Tikki
- Heat oil in the pan and add cumin seeds.
- When cumin seeds will start crackling, add green chilies, onion, ginger and saute till onions are translucent.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix well then saute for 2 mins.
- Remove from heat and let the mixture to cool.
- Make 8 balls of the mixture then shape flat tikki.
- Roll the tikki’s in breadcrumbs and coated from all sides.
- Heat oil in a kadhai on a medium flame and deep fry all tikki’s till they become golden brown in color.
- Aloo Methi ki Tikki is ready to serve, hot.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Yield: 8 tikki’s