Recipes for tikka
Fried Fish Tikka
Chicken Tikka Special Ingredients
3/4 teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted
- 3/4 teaspoon coriander seeds, toasted
- 2 cups whole-milk yogurt
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (1 1/2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil plus additional for greasing pan
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala (Indian spice mixture)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 5 pounds skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
How to make Chicken Tikka Special
- Purée all ingredients except chicken in a blender until spices are well ground.
- Put chicken in a large bowl, or divide between 2 large sealable plastic bags, and add yogurt mixture, stirring or turning to coat. Marinate chicken, covered and chilled (turning occasionally if using bags), at least 4 hours.
- Soak skewers in water 30 minutes. While skewers are soaking, bring chicken to room temperature.
- Preheat broiler and brush a broiler pan lightly with oil.
- Divide chicken among skewers (about 5 cubes per skewer), leaving an 1/8-inch space between cubes, and arrange about 5 skewers across pan. Broil chicken about 4 inches from heat, turning over once, until browned in spots and just cooked through, 9 to 12 minutes total.
- Transfer cooked skewers to a large platter and, if desired, cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Broil remaining chicken in same manner. Remove chicken from skewers and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Chicken Tikka Special is ready to serve.
Beef Satay Tikka Ingredients:
Beef, boneless (cut in squares) 1/2 kg
- Honey 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
- White cumin seed powder 1 tbsp Coriander seeds (roasted and ground) 1 tbspSalt to taste
- Soya Sauce
- Cooking oil 2 tbsp
How to make Beef Satay Tikka
- Combine meat, spices, and oil and marinate for 6-7 hours.
- Put meat on skewers and cook on griller.
- After grilling brush with more oil, serve with salad and chutney.
- Beef Satay Tikka is ready to serve.
Chicken tikka chilli fry Ingredients:
- Chicken – 700 gm
- (cut into 4 cm cubes)
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Garlic pods(chopped) – 6 nos
- Ginger – 5 cm piece
- (cut into very thin pieces)
- Fresh red or green chillies – 8 nos
- Onions(large) – 2 nos
- Curry masala powder – 2 tsp
- Salt – As reqd
- Chicken soup cubes – 2 nos
- Water – 150 ml
- Green chillies(slit lengthwise) – 5 nos
- Tomatoes – 2 nos
- (cut into thin slices)
- Coriander leaves(chopped) – 15 gm
- Lemon juice – 1 lime
How to make Chicken tikka chilli fry:
- Heat the oil in a wok.
- Fry the chicken until it is sealed, stirring frequently. Remove from oil and put in a pan.
- Heat the butter in a wok and fry the garlic, ginger and chillies for one minute.
- Add the onions and fry till they become brown in colour.
- Add half of the curry masala powder and stir well.
- Add the chicken pieces and salt and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Add the fried onions, soup cubes and water to the chicken and mix well. Cook till done and dry.
- Add the green chillies, tomato slices and the remaining curry masala powder and sauté for three minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves with a squeeze of lemon juice.
Chicken Tikka Sandwich Ingredients:
- Leftover Chicken Tikka (see recipe below)
- 4 slices of sandwich bread of your choice
- 1 large onion thinly sliced into rings
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala (available at most Indian grocery stores)
- 4-5 tbsps Mint-Coriander Chutney (see recipe below)
How to make Chicken Tikka Sandwich:
- Put the onion rings in a bowl and squeeze lime juice over them. Now sprinkle the chaat masala over them and mix well so the onions are fully coated.
- Lay the slices of bread on a clean cutting board and butter. Now spread a generous layer of Mint-Coriander Chutney on the bread.
- Chop the Chicken Tikka into slices and lay on the bread to cover the entire surface of 2 of the slices.
- Now add onion as per preference, on top of the chicken.
- Cover with another slice of bread.
- Trim edges if preferred and cut in half and serve.
Chicken Tikka Masala Butter Chicken Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon garam masala seasoning (get at asian food market)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon ground methi/fenugreek (if you can’t find at asian market order online)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons jarred minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 oz) can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 skinless rotisserie chicken, boned out and pulled into chunks
- 1 (10 oz) box frozen peas, thaw under running water
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup ground unsalted cashews (only used as thickening agent if needed)
- Hot basmati rice, for serving
How to make Chicken Tikka Masala Butter Chicken:
- Mix spice blend together in small bowl and set aside.
- Melt butter in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until just beginning to turn gold, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, tomato paste and spice blend, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add tomato sauce and diced tomatoes, stir well.
- Add chicken and bring to a simmer.
- Turn heat to low and cook uncovered until chicken is warmed through, about 10 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Shake excess water from peas. Add the peas and cream to the pan. Stir well and heat through. Do not boil.
- Note: If sauce isn’t thick enough. Add 1/4 cup of finely ground unsalted cashews.20
Potato Tikka Masala Ingredients:
- 1 jar tikka masala cooking sauce
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 4 small carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 potatoes, peeled and chopped
How to make Potato Tikka Masala:
- Peel and chop potatoes and carrots to desired size, then boil until softened. (Don’t let them get too soft or you will end up with mashed potatoes!).
- Wash approximately 1/2 cup of red lentils in cold water, then boil vigorously on the stove for about 10 minutes. (For 1/2 cup of lentils use 1-2 cups of water).
- Pour the cooking sauce into a large saucepan, then add the boiled potatoes, carrots and lentils.
- Cover saucepan and simmer on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- When sauce is heated thoroughly, serve and enjoy.
Tandoori fish Tikka Ingredients:
- 2 lbs of any white fish fillets (cut into 2-3-inch pieces)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- Salt To Taste
- 1 tbsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp ground cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
How to make Tandoori fish Tikka:
- Blend together ginger, garlic, vinegar, salt, coriander, cumin, cayenne and oil in the blender to form a fine paste.
- Marinate the fish pieces into the paste for about 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Pre-heat the oven on maximum heat at broil.
- Cover the oven tray with foil to avoid mess.
- Place the marinated fish pieces on the tray and broil for about 8-10 minutes.
- Turn over and broil for about 8 minutes again.
- Keep a constant check. Broiling time may vary depending on the thickness of fish pieces.
- Serve the tandoori fish hot with your favorite chutney.
Cheese Tikka Ingredients:
- 4 Croissant buns
- 250 gm cottage cheese
- 2 green chillies
- 2 pieces of ginger
- 1/2 cup curd
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- salt to taste
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1 tsp gram flour
- 1-2 drops of orange colour
- oil for fry
How to make cheese tikka croissant:
- Cut the cheese into 1/2 square pieces.
- Grind green chillies, green cardamoms and ginger.
- Hang curds in a muslim cloth.
- Remove all water.
- Mix together all ingredients and let the cottage cheese marinate for 2-3 hours.
- Heat a non-stick pan and fry cheese pieces applying a little oil on both sides.
- Or roast in an oven or tandoor.
- Now cut the tops of the buns and scoop them
- Fill the mixture in scooped buns, place the tops, apply a little butter over them and bake in a preheated over for 15 minutes at moderate.
- When they are done, serve hot.
Chicken Tikka Skewers Ingredients:
- 1 cup fresh yoghurt (should not be sour)
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tbsps ginger paste
- 3 tbsps garlic paste
- 3-4 tbsps garam masala
- 6 peppercorns/ 2 dry red chillies
- 3 tbsps lime/ lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp orange food coloring
- 1 kg chicken (breast or thigh) skinless and cut into 2″ chunks
- 1 large onion cut into very thin rings
- Lime/ Lemon wedges to garnish
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala (available at most Indian groceries)
How to make Chicken Tikka Skewers:
- Grind the chopped coriander (keep some aside for garnishing) and all other marinade ingredients (except yoghurt) to a smooth paste in a food processor.
- Pour the above mix into a large bowl and add yoghurt. Mix well. Add the chicken pieces and mix well. Cover the bowl and refrigerate. Allow to marinate overnight.
- Thread the chicken onto skewers and keep ready.
- Preheat your oven or grill to a medium high temperature (200 C/ 400F/ Gas Mark 6).
- Place the skewers on the grill racks in your oven with a tray underneath to catch drippings. Roast open till the chicken is browned on all sides and tender.
- Remove from skewers and put the chicken in a plate.
- Put the onion rings in a separate bowl and squeeze lime juice over them. Now sprinkle the chaat masala over them and mix well so the onions are fully coated.
- Garnish the Chicken Tikka with these onion rings and serve.