Thukpa Soup Ingredients:
- Minced meat – 250 gms (beef/pork/mutton/chicken)
- Egg noodles – 300 gms
- Onion – 2 large, finely chopped
- Onion leaves – 1 tbsp, chopped
- Garlic – 3 flakes, chopped
- Green chilli – 4 to 5 pieces, sliced
- About 3 litres of clear bone soup or beef/pork/chicken/mutton stock
- Salt – 1 tsp
How to make Thukpa Soup:
- Fry the chopped onions, garlic and green chillies together till the onions turn light brown.
- Add minced meat to the pan and fry for 10 minutes.
- Add salt to the fried meat and keep aside after cooking.
- Boil 4 litres of water thoroughly and add the noodles and boil further for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the noodles immediately through a large sieve and run cold water over them to avoid sticking.
- Squeeze the water from the noodles and transfer them to a serving bowl.
- Pour hot soup into the bowl of noodles.
- Put the fried meat-onion mixture and finely chopped green onion leaves on top of it.
- Serve hot.