Thai-Style Ground Beef Ingredients
- 1 cup thinly sliced leek
- 1 teaspoon canned minced garlic
- One pound lean ground sirloin
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste (for example Thai Kitchen area)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup gentle coconut milk
- One tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
- 3 cups hot prepared short-grain rice
- Iceberg lettuce wedges (optional)
- Chopped cilantro
- Chopped green onions (optionally available)
How to make Thai-Style Ground Beef
- Heat a large skillet more than medium-high heat.
- Layer skillet with cooking food squirt. Include leek; sauté Five moments.
- Include garlic; sauté One minute.
- Add beef; prepare 7 minutes or until lightly browned, mixing to crumble.
- Stir within curry paste as well as tomato sauce; cook until half of liquid disappears (about 2 minutes).
- Add milk and then 4 ingredients (via fish sauce); cook Two moments or even till somewhat thickened.
- Serve with the rice as well as lettuce wedges, in the event that desired.
- Garnish along with cilantro and green onions, if desired.
Thai-Style Ground Beef is ready to serve.
Yield: 4 servings
serving size: about 1/2 cup beef mixture and 3/4 cup rice