Smoked Salmon and Egg Salad Tartines Ingredients
- 12 extra-large eggs
- 1/3 cup good mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoons minced fresh dill, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices 7-grain bread or round French bread (boule)
- 8 slices good smoked salmon
How to make Smoked Salmon and Egg Salad Tartines
- Place the eggs in a large pot and cover them with cool tap water. Bring the water to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow the eggs to sit in the water for another 5 minutes. Drain, then fill the pot with cold water. To peel the eggs, tap each end on a board, then roll the egg between your hand and the board to crackle the shell. Peel under running tap water and allow the eggs to cool to room temperature.
- Place the eggs in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Pulse the processor 10 to 12 times to break up, but not puree, the eggs. Transfer the chopped eggs to a bowl and add the mayonnaise, mustard, dill, salt, and pepper. Combine lightly with a fork.
- Toast or grill the bread. Lay 1 slice of salmon on each piece of bread, spread on the egg salad, then garnish with a sprig of dill. Serve at room temperature.
- Smoked salmon and egg salad tartines is ready to serve.