Roasted Pepper Tart Ingredients
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 medium red sweet peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 medium green bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
How to make Roasted Pepper Tart
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Broil peppers 4 in. from the heat until skins are blistered and blackened, about 10 minutes. Immediately place peppers in a bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes. Peel off and discard charred skin. Coarsely chop peppers; place in a bowl. Add oil, garlic and oregano; toss to coat. Set aside.
- Roll out dough to fit a 12-in. pizza pan. Transfer to pan. Prick dough thoroughly with a fork. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned and crust begins pulling away from edges of pan. Cool completely.
- Sprinkle 1 cup cheese over crust. Sprinkle with pepper mixture and remaining cheese. Arrange olives around edge. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- Roasted Pepper Tart is ready to serve.
Prep Time:20 Min
Cook Time:40 Min
Ready In:1 Hr