Recipes for tart
Apple Walnut Gorgonzola Tart Ingredients
1 1/2 cups peeled, cored, chopped apples (use a good cooking apple such as Jonagold, Pippin, Granny Smith, Jonathan, Golden Delicious, Gravenstein, Mcintosh)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves (or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme,
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 7-ounce prepared puff pastry sheets (total 14 ounces)
- 1 egg, beaten
How to make Apple Walnut Gorgonzola Tart
- Place chopped apples in a bowl, microwave on high heat for 5 minutes until apples are cooked through. Remove from heat and let cool. Drain excess moisture. Once cooled, chop further so that the pieces are between 1/4-inch and 1/2-inch square. (Note you can skip this step if you want; the main purpose is to get the apples to release some of their moisture before cooking into the pastry.)
- Combine apples, walnuts, gorgonzola, thyme and honey in a small bowl.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Working with one puff pastry sheet at a time (leave the second one in the refrigerator until using it) roll out the pastry to a size of 9-inches by 12-inches. Cut into 12 3×3-inch squares (a pizza slicer works great for this). Paint 1/2-inch of border around each square with beaten egg (this will help the pastry seal). Place a heaping teaspoon of the apple walnut mixture in the center of the squares. Fold over the squares into a triangle shape, stretching the dough if necessary to cover the filling. Use the tines of a fork to crimp the edges. Place triangles on a silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet, with space between the triangles. Chill for 5 minutes in the refrigerator before baking, or chill while you prepare the second puff pastry sheet.
- Whisk in a half teaspoon of water into the remaining beaten egg. Use a pastry brush to paint on the tops of the pastry triangles for a nice glaze. Place in oven and cook for 15-20 minutes until nicely puffed up and lightly browned. Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Makes 24 turnovers. Serve either warm or at room temperature. Can be made several hours in advance.
- Apple Walnut Gorgonzola Rustic Tart is ready to serve.
Roasted Pepper Tart Ingredients
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 medium red sweet peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 medium green bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
How to make Roasted Pepper Tart
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Broil peppers 4 in. from the heat until skins are blistered and blackened, about 10 minutes. Immediately place peppers in a bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes. Peel off and discard charred skin. Coarsely chop peppers; place in a bowl. Add oil, garlic and oregano; toss to coat. Set aside.
- Roll out dough to fit a 12-in. pizza pan. Transfer to pan. Prick dough thoroughly with a fork. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned and crust begins pulling away from edges of pan. Cool completely.
- Sprinkle 1 cup cheese over crust. Sprinkle with pepper mixture and remaining cheese. Arrange olives around edge. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- Roasted Pepper Tart is ready to serve.
Prep Time:20 Min
Cook Time:40 Min
Ready In:1 Hr
Caramel Apple Trifle Ingredients
3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups chopped peeled tart apples (about 5 medium)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping, divided
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 loaves (10-3/4 ounces each) frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Additional apple pie spice, optional
How to make Caramel Apple Trifle
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the apples, walnuts, brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice. Cook and stir for 8-10 minutes or until apples are tender.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in 1/2 cup caramel topping and remaining apple pie spice. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping.
- In a 3-1/2-qt. trifle bowl or glass serving bowl, layer a third of the cake cubes, cream cheese mixture and apple mixture. Repeat layers twice. Garnish with remaining whipped topping and drizzle with remaining caramel topping. Sprinkle with additional apple pie spice if desired. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Caramel Apple Trifle is ready to serve.
Yield: 14 servings.
Prep: 40 min. + chilling
Peach and Almond Tart Ingredients:
- 2 c Plus
- 2 tb All-purpose flour
- 1 ts Salt
- 1/4 c Plus
- 1 1/2 ts Sugar
- 3/4 lb Unsalted butter
- 12 Fresh peaches (about)
- 4 Egg yolks
- 3 tb Whipping cream
- 2/3 c Ground almonds
- 2/3 c Confectioners sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tb Cornstarch
- 1/2 c Milk
- 1 Lemon peel
- 3 dr Vanilla extract
How to make Peach and Almond Tart:
To prepare the pate royale, sift 2 cups flour onto a work surface & make a well in the center. Place the salt, 1-1/2 tsp. sugar, 1/2 lb. butter, 2 egg yolks, & cream in the well. Mix the liquid ingredients in the well with the fingertips, gradually incorporating the flour. Knead with the heel of the palm to obtain a smooth dough. Work the dough as little as possible. Chill the dough at least 30 minutes before rolling out. Meanwhile, prepare the almond cream by creaming 6 tablespoons butter & beating in the almonds & confectioners sugar. When the cream mixture is well blended, whisk in the egg. Beat in the rum & the cornstarch, whisking until the mixture is light & smooth. Set aside. To make the pastry cream, scald the milk with the lemon peel & vanilla extract. Whisk together the remaining 2 yolks, the remaining 1/4 cup sugar, & the remaining 2 tablespoons flour. Pour the scalded milk into the yolk mixture, whisking constantly, & return mixture to saucepan. Boil vigorously for 3 minutes, stirring continuously to prevent scorching. Remove from heat, add remaining butter, & leave to cool. Preheat oven to 425 F. Remove chilled pate royale from the refrigerator & roll out to 1/8 inch thickness. Line a 9-inch flan ring or French tart pan with the pastry dough. Combine the almond cream with the cooled pastry cream & spoon the mixture into the pie shell. Plunge the peaches into boiling water for 30 seconds; rinse under cold water. Remove the skins & slice each peach into 8 wedges. Arrange the peach slices on top of the filling in a decorative pattern. Bake in oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until the almond filling is puffed & browned. HARVEST RESTAURANT BRATTLE ST., CAMBRIDGE WINE:J. PERRIER CHAMPAGNE CUVEE-ROYAL 73 From the , downloaded from G Internet, G Internet.
Ingredients for the tart dough:
½ cup (110 g) butter, softened
- ½ cup (100 g) sugar 2 cups (230 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- Ingredients for the citrus filling:
- 2 cups (440 g) granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup (1.2 dl) orange juice
- ¼ cup (0.6 dl) lemon juice
- Grated peel of 2 oranges
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Ingredients for the chocolate frosting:
- ½ cup (1.2 dl) heavy cream or whipping cream
- 7 oz (200 g) semisweet chocolate (40-50% cocoa)
- Line the bottom of a springform pan of 9 inches (23 cm) diameter with greaseproof or other non-stick paper and grease the sides of the pan.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the softened butter and sugar.
- Add flour and cocoa powder, and finally the egg.
- Reserve in the fridge for a few hours or more.
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F (Gas mark 4 or 180 deg C).
- Using your fingers, pat down half of the tart dough into the bottom of the springform pan (not the sides); keep the rest frozen until next time.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 7 minutes.
- For the filling, mix sugar and egg for 2-3 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Add lemon juice, orange juice, grated orange peel, flour and baking powder, and mix well.
- Transfer to the springform and bake at 250 deg F for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- A wooden pick inserted in center should come out clean.
- Using a knife, loosen carefully the cake from the sides of the springform pan.
- Let the tart cool to room temperature in the pan.
- For the chocolate frosting, heat the cream almost to a boil, add chopped chocolate, and stir until smooth.
- Let it cool until it thickens.
- Spread the chocolate frosting evenly on top and sides of the tart.
- Instead of lemon, you may use 2 limes and grated lime peel, and reduce the amount of orange peel accordingly.