Tangy Bean Soup Ingredients
2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Hunt’s® Original Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
How to make Tangy Bean Soup
- In the 5 qt. slow cooker, combine the first 10 ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours.
- For dumplings, combine the flour, cheese, cornmeal, sugar and baking powder in the large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the egg, milk and oil; help to increase dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be stiff).
- Stop by heaping tablespoons onto soup.
- Cover and cook on high Thirty minutes longer (without lifting cover) or until a toothpick inserted in a very dumpling comes out clean.
Tangy Bean Soup is ready to serve.
Yield: 6 servings.
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 4-1/2 hours