- Cauliflowers 800 gm/ 2 small flowers
- Chaat masala 20 gm/4 tsp
- Cooking oil 30 ml/2 tbs
- Cucumber, sliced 1
- Gram flour (besan) 60 gm/4 tbs
- Lemon 2
- Oil to fry
- Red chilli powder 10 gm/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Tomato wedges 8
- Break the cauliflower into florets, wash thoroughly then dry.
- Marinade the florets in a mixture of salt, chaat masala and lemon juice for 30 minutes.
- Make a smooth batter of the gram flour with 120 ml/ ½ cup water.
- Season with salt and red chilli powder. Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Dip the florets into the batter and fry in the hot oil over a low flame.
- Remove Once the florets are cool, cut into pieces.
- Put on skewers and roast in a tandoor for 5-6 minutes till golden brown or roast in a preheated oven at 275 ºF for 10 minutes.
- Baste with oil while roasting.
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Serves: Remove from skewers and serve with sliced cucumber and tomato wedges.