- Large potatoes 1 kg/8
- Cashew nuts, broken 5-10/1 tbs
- Chaat masala 2.5 gm/ ½ tsp
- Clarified butter (ghee) 10 ml/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves, chopped 5 gm/1 tsp
- Cottage cheese, grated 20 gm/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds (jeera) 2.5 gm/ ½ tsp
- Garam masala a pinch
- Lemon juice 5 ml/1 tsp
- Oil for frying
- Red chilli powder 5 gm/1 tsp
- Raisins 10 gm/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Peel the potatoes. Scoop out the center leaving thin walls at the sides. Fry the potato shells and the scoops separately. Do not let hem change colour but let the sides become crisp. Cool the scooped out portion of the potatoes and mash. Add salt, red chilli powder, garam masala, lemon juice, cashew nuts, raisins and clarified butter. Stuff the mixture into the potato cases. Arrange 4 pieces on one skewer and put grated cheese on top. Grill till golden brown in colour.
- Time: Preparation: 20 minutes, Cooking: 15 minutes
- To Serve: Sprinkle with chopped coriander and chaat masala and serve.