- Red tomatoes 1 kg
- Sweet corn 1 small tin
- Black pepper 1 tsp
- Molasses (gur) 1 tsp
- Tomato ketchup ½ cup
- Fresh cream 1 pkt
- Corn flour 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- White flour / chicken stock cube mix 1 tbsp
- Bread slices 3 cut in small squares
- Water 4 cups
how to make Tomato Soup
- In a large pan boil the tomatoes with 3 to 4 cups of water.
- Cool and grind in food processor.
- Strain the ground tomatoes into another pan; add corn flour, (dissolved in tbsp water), molasses, salt, tomato ketchup and black pepper. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon till the soup thickens. Soup is now ready.
- Fry the bread slices and drain on kitchen paper. Whip the cream. Before serving heat the soup. Serve in bowls with a tbsp of sweet corn, topped with fried slices of bread and a tsp of cream.