480 gm/2 cups Rice flour
- Butter or clarified
- Ghee or butter for brushing Taftan
- 180 gm/ 3/4 cup Clarified butter (ghee)
- 10 gm/2 tsp Coriander leaves chopped
- 10 gm/2 tsp Melon (magaz) seeds
- 240 ml/1 cup Milk
- 2.5 gm/ 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 120 ml/ 1/2 cup Water
- 2.5 gm/ 1/2 tsp Yeast
- Salt to taste
How to make Taftan Recipe
- Sieve flour and salt with each other.
- Make a well inside flour and add water, sugar, milk, ghee, yeast as well as melon seeds.
- Mix gradually as well as knead into a delicate dough.
- Divide into 4 equal balls and set aside pertaining to half an hour.
- Dust gently and roll directly into 3 1/2 inch disks, a quarter of an inch thick.
- Sprinkle with coriander.
- Put into tan-door and cook till brown throughout color.
- Brush along with ghee.
- Taftan is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: Serve very hot with kareli ka rogan josh.