Home / Tag Archives: Szechuan Peanut Sauce
Tag Archives: Szechuan Peanut Sauce
Szechuan Peanut Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons grated gingerroot
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Asian chili sauce or 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (lemon at a pinch ? use a little less)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb noodles, of your choice
- finely chopped scallion
- chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
How to make Szechuan Peanut Sauce:
- Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth.
- Transfer to a jar with a tight-fitting lid (keeps 1 week, chilled; or distribute among 3 small containers and freeze what you don’t want to use within a week).
- To use: Boil 1 lb Asian noodles or spaghetti until al dente.
- Toss with ¾ cup of sauce (or more to taste), finely chopped scallions and chopped peanuts.
- Note: In the winter, I eat these noodles hot.
- In summer I rinse under cold water, cool and drain and serve them as a spicy noodle salad, often adding shredded bok choy, carrots, snowpeas, lots more of the peanut sauce, etc.