Recipes for sweets
Looking for authentic sweet Recipes? EvernewRecipes has +3,000 trusted sweet Recipes, all created, tested, reviewed and approved by home cooks. Find recipes for healthy, quick and easy sweet Recipes.Sponsored Links:
Cocoa Coconut Muffins Ingredients:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tbls cocoa
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups coconut, divided
- 1/4 cup Eagle Brand
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
How to make Cocoa Coconut Muffins:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl mix the milk, egg and oil.
- Stir the wet into the dry until just moistened.
- Mix together 1 cup of the coconut with the Eagle Brand and vanilla.
- Spoon 2 tbls of the batter into each greased muffin cup or liner.
- Place 2 tsp of the filling in the center of each. Do not spread.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Sprinkle tops with remaining coconut.
- Bake 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Choco Coconut Ladoo Ingredients:
- 3 cups Dry Coconut (shredded)
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 cups Sugar
How to make Coconut Laddoo:
- Boil the milk in a pan.
- When it starts boiling, add 2 cups shredded coconut and mix well.
- When the milk gets absorbed in coconut, add the sugar.
- Stir continuously on medium flame until the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Remove and make small balls.
- Take the remaining coconut on a plate.
- Roll the balls in shredded coconut to make laddus.
- Coconut Laddoos are ready to serve.
Chena Murki Ingredients:
- 750 gm Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
- 500 gm Ghee
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 litre Water
- 1/4 tsp Black Cardamom Powder (optional)
- 10-20 drops Rose Essence (optional)
How to make Chena Murki:
- Firstly, cut paneer into very small pieces.
- Then heat ghee in a heavy bottomed vessel and fry the paneer till light golden in color. Take the pieces out of the vessel and put off the flame.
- Now make thin sugar syrup by mixing sugar and water in another vessel. Cook until the mixture thickens.
- Add cardamom powder, or rose essence, to the sugar syrup and put off the flame.
- Immerse paneer pieces in the syrup. Mix well so that all the paneer pieces get properly coated with sugar. Allow it to cool.
- Chena Murki is ready.
Chickoo Halwa Ingredients:
- 8 Sweet Chikoos
- 3/4 Tea cup milk (boiled)
- 1/4 Cup sugar or as per taste
- 160 Grams khoya (grated)
- 1 tbsp Ghee (melted)
- Some pieces of almond for garnishing
How to make Cheekoo Halwa:
- Peel and smash chickoos.
- Put chikoo pulp in a heavy saucepan.
- Add milk and boil it, stirring constantly.
- When some thickness appears, add khoya and cook, stirring constantly.
- Add sugar and ghee.
- Cook on low heat for 2-4 minutes turning the mixture constantly.
- Take off heat and let it cool a bit.
- Now garnish with almonds and serve it hot.
Chana Dal Payasam Ingredients:
- 1 Cup soaked channa dal
- 1 1/2 Cup coconut milk
- 2 Cup jaggery
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 5 Cardamoms
- 1 tbsp Coconut powder
How to make Chana Dal Payasam:
- Boil the chana dal tiil it gets cooked.
- Add coconut milk and jaggery.
- Cook till the mixture turns thick.
- Fry coconut powder and cardamoms in ghee.
- Add ghee and and fried cadamoms in channa dal mixture.
- Mix it properly.
- Adorn with fried coconut powder.
- 450 gms Paneer
- 4 cups Water
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2-3 tbsp Rose Water
- A few strands of Saffron
- 200gms Fresh Thickened/ Double Cream
How to make Cham-Cham:
- Put the paneer in a bowl and knead it. Knead till all the lumps are removed and the paneer/cheese is absolutely smooth.
- Prepare sugar syrup by adding sugar and water in a pressure cooker and bring the mixture to a boil (without covering the pressure cooker).
- While the sugar syrup boils, divide the paneer dough into small oblong shaped balls and roll between your palms till smooth.
- Gently dip the balls to the sugar syrup and cover the pressure cooker. After the first whistle, wait for 8-10 minutes and then turn off the flame.
- Release the steam from the pressure cooker and allow the Cham-Chams to cool completely before touching them.
- When cool, pour the rose water and saffron strands on the Cham-Chams and chill for a few hours.
- When chilled, remove the Cham-Chams from the syrup and arrange in a platter.
- Whisk the fresh cream till thick and fluffy. Fill into an icing bag and pipe a swirl out (with a thick nozzle) onto each Cham-Cham.
- Garnish with slivers of your favorite dried fruit and serve.
Carrot Burfi Ingredients:
- 1 cup Carrot (grated)
- 1/2 litre Milk
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 cup Coconut(grated)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Broken Cashew nuts
How to make Carrot Burfi:
- Heat a heavy bottomed vessel and add the grated carrot to it.Heat it to dry, stirring continuously.
- Repeat the same with grated coconut and keep it aside.
- Now boil milk with sugar until later dissolves in a seperate pan. Keep stirring.
- Mix in the carrot and coconut and again stir until it becomes thick.
- When it is cooked well, add the cashew nut pieces.
- Apply ghee on a tray and put the mixture in it.
- When firm cut into pieces when cool.
- Carrot burfi is ready to serve.
Burfi Rawa Sheera Ingredients:
- Burfi, crushed , (kesari or kalakand)4-5 pieces
- Semolina (rawa/suji) 1 cup
- Saffron (kesar) a few strands
- Milk 1 cup
- Ghee 1/2 cup
- Almonds, slivered 5-6
- Cashewnuts, chopped 5-6
- Raisins 5-6
- Sugar 1/3 cup
- Green cardamom powder 1/2 teaspoon
How to make Burfi Rawa Sheera:
Dissolve saffron in a tablespoon of milk. Heat ghee in a kadai. Fry almonds, cashewnuts and raisins. Drain and set aside. Add rawa to the same ghee and roast till golden brown. Heat remaining milk with one cup of water. When it comes to a boil add it to the roasted rawa. Cook, stirring continuously, so that rawa separates out. Add soaked saffron, sugar and green cardamom powder. Mix well. Continue to cook till all the water has been absorbed. Add crushed burfi, stir gently and continue to cook on low heat for another three to four minutes stirring occasionally. Garnish with fried almonds, cashewnuts and raisins. Serve hot.
Broken Wheat Kheer Ingredients:
- 1 cup broken wheat
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tsp Cardamoms powder
- 1 cup jaggery
- 2 tsp Corn flour
- 2 1/2 cup water
How to make Broken Wheat Kheer:
- Grind the wheat in a dry grinder.
- Heat ghee in a pan kept on flame.
- Add the grounded wheat and saute till it turns pink in color.
- Now take it out and transfer it into a pressure cooker.
- Add water to the wheat and cook till it becomes very soft. It takes approximately 7-8 minutes.
- Now add jaggery to the cooked wheat and simmer for one minute. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from the flame.
- Mix corn flour with coconut milk and add it to the porridge.
- Add cardamom powder.
- Broken wheat kheer is ready to serve.
Bread Halwa Ingredients:
- Bread 1/2 pack
- Butter 1/2 cube
- Ghee 6 to 7 spoons
- Sugar 1 cup or according to your taste
- Milk 1 cup
How to make Bread Halwa:
- Cut bread into pieces and in a big pan put 1 spoon of ghee and put the bread pieces and fry till light brown.
- Pour 1 cup of milk to it and mix well and add sugar 1 cup or according to your taste and keep mixing and keep the flame in medium always.
- Put 1/2 cube butter and mix well. Cook till it becomes like halwa. This will be good for nearly 2 weeks but you will have to keep it in fridge. Whenever you have it, make it a little hot and eat. It will be really good.