Sweet Dill Pickles Ingredients
2 (32 ounce) jars dill pickles
- 4 cups white sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon pickling spice
How to make Sweet Dill Pickles
- Drain pickles and slice into 1/4 inch pieces. Place in a medium bowl with 2 cups sugar. Stir, cover and allow to stand at room temperature 6 to 8 hours, or overnight.
- In a medium saucepan, mix together the remaining sugar, vinegar, water and pickling spice. Bring to a boil. Pour over the pickles. Allow the mixture to stand at room temperature 6 to 8 hours, or overnight.
- Transfer the pickles to sterile jars and store in the refrigerator. Serve chilled.
- Sweet Dill Pickles is ready to serve.
Prep Time:30 Min
Cook Time:5 Min
Ready In:14 Hrs 35 Min