Recipes for swedish
Swedish Nuts II Ingredients
2 egg whites
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound pecan halves
- 1/2 cup butter
How to make Swedish Nuts II
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks begin to form. Add sugar, salt and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form and turn glossy. Fold in nuts and coat well with the egg white mixture.
- Melt butter in a 9×13 inch baking pan by placing pan in the oven. Evenly spread coated nuts over melted butter in pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring and turning nuts about every 8 minutes, or until butter no longer remains in pan. Place hot nuts on foil and allow to cool. May be stored in an airtight container for several weeks!
- Swedish Nuts II is ready to serve.
Swedish Hardtack Ingredients
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
How to make Swedish Hardtack
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl. Rub in the shortening until the mixture appears sandy. Stir in the buttermilk until the dough holds together. Roll out on a lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thick. Cut into 4-inch squares, then cut each square diagonally into triangles, and prick with a fork.
- Bake the triangles in preheated oven on ungreased cookie sheets until dry and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Swedish Hardtack is ready to serve.
Prep Time:30 Min
Cook Time:30 Min
Ready In:1 Hr
Swedish Pancake Ingredients
4 extra large eggs, separated
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
How to make Swedish Pancake
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, beat yolks until thick. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt and sugar. Add the sugar mixture and milk into the egg yolks incrementally. Stir in the sour cream,
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold the egg whiles into the batter.
- Heat skillet or griddle to a high temperature. Place a small amount of oil on the skillet and pour about 1 tablespoon of batter onto the skillet, and spread the batter out evenly. Brown the pancake on one side. Flip pancake over when bubbles appear on surface. Brown on the other side. Repeat process with remaining batter.
- Swedish Pancake is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:15 Min
Ready In:30 Min
Swedish Meatballs Ingredients
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup dry cream of wheat cereal
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
How to make Swedish Meatballs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg and the milk. Add the beef, cream of wheat and onion and mix well. Shape into 1 inch balls. Place balls on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 20 minutes.
- Drain meatballs on paper towels, if needed. Then place meatballs in a lightly greased 2 quart casserole dish. In a separate medium bowl, combine the soups with the evaporated milk, stirring until smooth. Pour over the meatballs.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for another 40 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
- Swedish Meatballs Recipe is ready to serve.