Recipes for suji
Suji Ladoo Ingredients:
- 1 cup semolina (rava / suji)
- 1 cup sugar (cheeni)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tblsp currants (kishmish)
- 1 tblsp cashewnuts (kaju)
- 3 tsp pure ghee
How to make rava ladoo:
- Cut the cashew nuts.
- Wash and dry the currants.
- Heat up a little ghee and lightly fry them.
- Keep aside.
- Heat up ghee in a deep pot and fry the semolina (suji) on low heat up till it turns light brown in colour.
- Then mix in sugar and milk and stir fry till the mixture becomes sticky.
- Mix in the cashew nuts and raisins to the mixture.
- Take off the pot from heat up and form the dough into small balls.
- Serve when cool and dry.
Sooji Halwa Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup sooji (rava, semolina flour)
- 1/4 cup ghee (clear butter)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2cup water
- Pinch of cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds for garnish
How to make Sooji Halwa:
- Boil the water with sugar, and cardamom powder in a pan over low medium heat. Bring to a boil and Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Add sooji and roast to golden brown color; stirring constantly this will take about 5 to 8 minutes. Sooji will be golden brown in color and will have a light sweet aroma.
- Add the syrup slowly, as you add the syrup to sooji water will splatter.
- Turn down the heat to medium low and let it cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Sooji will absorb the water, as the Halwa cools so keep Halwa a little more softer then you want.
Garnish with almonds.
Suji Halwa Ingredients:
- 1 cup Suji
- 1 cup Ghee
- 2 cups Sugar
- 4 cups Water
- 2 Cardamoms, crushed
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 1/4 cup Almonds, chopped
How to make Suji Ka Halwa:
- In a pan, mix water and sugar and put them to boil.
- In another pan, heat ghee. Once heated, add suji and fry until it turns golden brown.
- Add cardamom, raisins and almonds to the fried suji. Mix it well.
- Now, add the sugar syrup to the mixture. Keep stirring while adding the syrup to avoid the formation of lumps.
- As the mixture starts to froth, remove it from the flame. The sumptuous suji ka halwa is ready to be savored!!