Recipes for sugar
Brown Sugar Smokies Ingredients
1 pound bacon
- 1 (16 ounce) package little smokie sausages
- 1 cup brown sugar, or to taste
How to make Brown Sugar Smokies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut bacon into thirds and wrap each strip around a little sausage. Place the wrapped sausages on wooden skewers, several to a skewer. Arrange the skewers on a baking sheet and sprinkle them liberally with brown sugar.
- Bake until bacon is crisp and the brown sugar melted.
- Brown Sugar Smokies Recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:10 Min
Cook Time:20 Min
Ready In:30 Min
Sugar Coated Pecans Recipe Ingredients
1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound pecan halves
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
How to make Sugar Coated Pecans Recipe
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Grease one baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, whip together the egg white and water until frothy. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add pecans to egg whites, stir to coat the nuts evenly. Remove the nuts, and toss them in the sugar mixture until coated. Spread the nuts out on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes.
- Sugar Coated Pecans Recipe is ready to serve.
Blackberry Jam Ingredients
4 cups crushed blackberries
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 1 box Powdered pectin
- 6 cups Sugar
How to make Blackberry Jam
- Wash 6 half-pint jars. Keep hot until needed. Prepare lids as manufacturer directs.
- In large, non-aluminum pot, combine the crushed berries, lemon juice and pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Quickly add sugar, still stirring. Return to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down; then boil, stirring, for 1 minute. (If using a 2-ounce box of pectin, boil for 2 minutes.) Remove from heat and skim off any foam.
- If preparing jam for the pantry, ladle into one hot jar at a time, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe jar rims with a clean, damp cloth. Attach lid. Fill and close remaining jars. Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes (15 minutes at 1,000 to 6,000 feet; 20 minutes above 6,000 feet).
- If preparing for freezer or refrigerator, ladle the jam into clean jars (or freezer containers, leaving 1/2-inch headspace); apply lids. Let stand for 12 to 24 hours at room temperature; freeze or refrigerate.
Yield: 6 Servings
Storage Time: Processed, up to 1 year; unprocessed, up to 1 month in the refrigerator or up to 1 year in the freezer.
Makeover Cranberry Trifle Ingredients
1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 loaves (10-3/4 ounces each) frozen reduced-fat pound cake, thawed and cubed
How to make Makeover Cranberry Trifle
- In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Cook over medium heat until the berries pop, about 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, brown sugar and vanilla until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- Place a third of the cake cubes in a 3-qt. trifle bowl; top with a third of the cranberry mixture and a third of the cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Makeover Cranberry Trifle is ready to serve.
Yield: 15 servings
Prep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 15 min.
Layered Strawberry Cheesecake Bowl Ingredients
3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 2 cups thawed COOL WHIP LITE Whipped Topping, divided
- 2 cups frozen pound cake cubes (1 inch)
- 1 square BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
How to make Layered Strawberry Cheesecake Bowl
- Combine berries and sugar; refrigerate until ready to use. Beat Neufchatel with mixer until creamy. Gradually beat in milk. Add dry pudding mix; mix well.
- Blend in 1-1/2 cups COOL WHIP. Spoon half into 2-1/2-qt. bowl.
- Top with layers of cake, berries and remaining Neufchatel cheese mixture. Refrigerate 4 hours. Melt chocolate; drizzle over trifle. Top with remaining COOL WHIP.
- Layered Strawberry Cheesecake Bowl is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 20 Min
Ready In: 4 Hrs 20 Min
Yield: 14 servings
Chocolate Raspberry Trifle ingredients
1 1/2 cups LAND O LAKES® Traditional Half & Half
- 1 (2.9-ounce) box custard pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Sponge Cake
- Sifted powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 All-Natural Eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Chambord or orange juice
- 1/2 cup seedless red raspberry jam
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 4 (1-ounce) squares semi-sweet or bittersweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Fresh red raspberries, if desired
- Fresh mint leaves, if desired
How to make Chocolate Raspberry Trifle
- Combine half & half and custard mix in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat just until mixture comes to boil (6 to 8 minutes). Remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Cover surface with plastic food wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease 15x10x1-inch jelly-roll pan. Line bottom of pan with parchment or waxed paper; grease paper. Arrange 18-inch long piece of parchment or waxed paper on wire rack; sprinkle generously with powdered sugar. Set aside.
- Combine flour, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Beat 4 egg whites in small bowl at high speed until foamy. Continue beating, gradually adding 1/4 cup sugar, until glossy and stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar, 4 egg yolks and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at high speed, scraping bowl often until thick and lemon colored (5 minutes). Gently stir in beaten egg whites by hand, alternately with flour mixture, until just mixed.
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Immediately loosen cake from edges of pan. Invert onto prepared parchment or waxed paper. Remove pan; peel off paper. Cool completely.
- Beat whipping cream in small bowl at high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently stir 2 cups whipped cream into cooled custard mixture.
- Trim off edges of cake; drizzle Chambord over cake. Spread jam onto cake. Cut into 24 (2 1/2×2-inch) rectangles. Place 12 cake rectangles, jam-side up, in bottom of 2 to 3-quart glass serving bowl. Spoon half of custard on top. Sprinkle with half of raspberries, half of chocolate and half of almonds. Repeat layers.
- Spoon remaining whipped cream on top of dessert. Garnish with fresh raspberries and mint leaves, if desired.
- Chocolate Raspberry Trifle Recipe is ready to serve.
prep time: 60 min.
total time: 1:45
yield: 12 servings