Recipes for steak
Honey Mustard Steak Sauce Ingredients
1/2 cup prepared brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 pounds top sirloin, lean
How to make Honey Mustard Steak Sauce
- Prepare an outdoor grill with an oiled rack set 6 inches from the coals. On a gas grill, set to medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, apple juice, cinnamon and honey. Brush one side of the steak with the sauce. Grill and turn, adding more sauce.
- Grill to desired doneness: 14 minutes for rare (140 degrees F or 60 degrees C), 20 minutes for medium (160 degrees F or 70 degrees C), or 26 minutes for well done (170 degrees F or 75 degrees C) and serve.
- Honey Mustard Steak Sauce is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:30 Min
Ready In:45 Min
Sizzling Beef Steak Ingredients
1 Tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 500 grams beef strips shopping list
- 1 Large onion cut into slithers shopping list
- 1 Red Capsican cut into strips shopping list
- 2 cups tomato sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup worchestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make Sizzling Beef Steak
- Prepare ingredients into strips or slithers.
- Heat wok or fry pan to medium – high heat.
- Add oil, coating all surfaces of fhe pan.
- Add beef, onion and capsican.
- Fry until beef and onion are golden brown.
- Mix tomato sauce, worchestershire sauce and sugar in a bowl with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat on fry pan to low-simmer.
- Add the sauce making sure the meat and onion mix are well coated and slightly thickened.
- Serve on top of rice with stir-fry vegetables.
- Sizzling Beef Steak is ready to serve.
Time : 20 minutes
Steak Sandwich Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound thinly sliced sirloin steak strips
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 10 slices provolone cheese
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup Pinot Noir or other dry red wine
- 1/2 cup prepared horseradish (optional)
- 1/2 cup brown mustard (optional)
How to make Steak Sandwich Sauce:
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the beef, and cook until browned. Add the mushrooms, bell pepper and onion; cook and stir until starting to become tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a slow cooker, combine the beef broth, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes and red wine. Transfer the beef and vegetables to the slow cooker, and stir to blend. Cover, and cook on High for 3 to 4 hours, until beef is extremely tender.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Drain the liquid from the slow cooker, and save for dipping. Slice the French bread loaf lengthwise like a submarine sandwich. Mix together the horseradish and mustard; spread onto the inside of the loaf. Place slices of provolone cheese on both sides of the loaf, then fill with the beef and vegetables. Close the loaf, and wrap the entire sandwich with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven. For crunchier bread, you can bake it without the aluminum foil. Slice into servings, and serve with the juices from the slow cooker for dipping.
Steak Sandwich Ingredients:
- 1 pound beef sirloin, cut into thin 2 inch strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 3 ounces Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise
How to make Steak Sandwich:
- Place the beef in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix together salt, pepper, paprika, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, marjoram and basil. Sprinkle over beef.
- Heat half of the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute beef to desired doneness, and remove from pan. Heat the remaining oil in the skillet, and saute the onion and green pepper.
- Preheat oven on broiler setting.
- Divide the meat between the bottoms of 4 rolls, layer with onion and green pepper, then top with sliced cheese. Place on cookie sheet, and broil until cheese is melted. Cover with tops of rolls, and serve.
Swiss Steak Ingredients
- 2 pounds beef bottom round, trimmed of excess fat
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or bacon drippings
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
How to make Swiss Steak
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cut the meat with the grain into 1/2-inch thick slices and season on both sides with the salt and pepper. Place the flour into a pie pan. Dredge the pieces of meat on both sides in the flour mixture. Tenderize the meat using a needling device, until each slice is 1/4-inch thick. Dredge the slices on both sides once more and set aside.
- Add enough of the bacon drippings or vegetable oil to just cover the bottom of a 4 to 5-quart Dutch oven set over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the steaks to the pan, being careful not to overcrowd. Cook until golden brown on both sides, approximately 2 minutes per side. Remove the steaks to a plate and repeat until all of the steaks have been browned.
- Remove the last steaks from the pot and add the onions, garlic, and celery. Saute for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the tomato paste and stir to combine. Next add the tomatoes, paprika, oregano, Worcestershire sauce and beef broth and stir to combine. Return the meat to the pot, submerging it in the liquid. Cover the pot and place it in the oven on the middle rack. Cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until the meat is tender and falling apart.
- Swiss Steak Recipe is ready to serve.
Prep 45 min
Cook 2 hr 30 min
Total:3 hr 15 min
Steak Teriyaki Ingredients
2 pounds beef skirt steak
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups teriyaki sauce
How to make Steak Teriyaki
- Cut the skirt steak into individual strips for serving. Add the garlic to the teriyaki sauce. In a re-sealable plastic bag, combine the steak and the sauce. Seal tightly and refrigerate to marinate overnight.
- Preheat oven to broil OR preheat a barbecue grill.
- When oven OR grill is ready, remove meat from bag and discard remaining marinade. Place meat on a broiler pan for the oven OR directly on the grill for the barbecue. Cook for about 5 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.
- Steak Salad Recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:10 Min
Cook Time:20 Min
Ready In:8 Hrs 30 Min
Steak Salad Ingredients
1/2 head romaine lettuce, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large head Belgian endive, thinly sliced crosswise (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 3 cups fresh baby arugula
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola, coarsely crumbled
- Red Wine Vinaigrette, recipe follows
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound steak (such as New York, rib-eye or filet mignon), pan-fried or grilled and chilled
How to make Steak Salad
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine lettuce, Belgian endive, red onion, baby arugula and cherry tomatoes, and half of the cheese. Toss the salad with enough vinaigrette to coat. Season the salad with salt and pepper, to taste. Arrange the salad on a platter.
- Cut the steaks crosswise into thin slices. Arrange the steak slices atop the salad and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Drizzle more vinaigrette over the steak slices and serve.
- Steak Salad Recipe is ready to serve.
Prep: 15 min
Total Time: 15 min
Quick and Easy Steak Fajitas Recipe Ingredients
1 pound lean steak, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 julienned green bell pepper
- 2 lemons, quartered
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 (12 inch) flour tortillas
How to make Quick and Easy Steak Fajitas
- Combine the lime juice, ground pepper and cilantro in a shallow dish. Place steak strips into the marinade and refrigerate for two to four hours.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak strips, and fry until cooked to your liking. Remove meat and set aside.
- Add remaining oil and onions to the skillet. Cook over medium low heat, until translucent, stir in green peppers and steak. Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon over the top and stir. When the green bell peppers are just tender remove the pan from the heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve the steak fajitas with tortillas and lemon wedges on the side.
- Quick and Easy Steak Fajitas Recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:20 Min
Cook Time:20 Min
Ready In:2 Hrs 40 Min
Quick and Easy Pan Fried Flank Steak Ingredients
- 1 1/2 pound flank steak
- Dry mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Softened butter
How to make Quick and Easy Pan Fried Flank Steak
- Remove the steak from the refrigerator a half hour before cooking. Cut away any tough connective tissue on the surface of the steak. Using the tip of a sharp knife, poke small cuts into the meat, almost all the way through. The cuts should be at an angle, in the direction of the grain of the meat as the knife tip is going in. The cuts should be about an inch apart from each other. Turn the steak over and repeat the cuts on the other side. Make sure that the cuts you are making on this side are parallel with the cuts you made on the other side, otherwise you may cut across an existing cut, and end up poking a hole through the meat.
- Sprinkle one side of the steak with dry mustard. (You can use regular mustard if you don’t have any dry mustard.) Sprinkle the steak with freshly ground pepper. Rub a tablespoon of butter all over the side of the steak. Turn the steak over and repeat with the dry mustard, pepper, and butter.
- Heat a large cast iron frying pan on high heat. Sprinkle both side of the steak with salt (unless you have used salted butter, then you can skip the salt.) Place steak in hot pan. Let sear for 2 to 3 minutes until well browned. Use tongs to lift up to see if nicely browned. If so, flip to the other side and let sear for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and let the steak continue to cook for 5 to 10 minutes in the residual heat of the pan (assuming you are using cast iron, if not, lower the heat to low).
- Use your fingertips to check for doneness or insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the steak – 120°F for very rare, 125°F for rare, or 130°F for medium rare. Flank steak should be served rare or medium rare, otherwise it may be too dry. Remove the steak from the pan to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes, covered with aluminum foil.
- Cut the meat in very thin slices, at an angle, against the grain of the meat. (This way you break through the tough long muscle fibers.) Any juices that come out of the meat while cutting or resting, return to the pan. Return the pan to a burner on high heat and deglaze the pan with a little water, scraping up any browned bits. Once the water has mostly boiled down, add a little butter to the pan for a nice sauce. Arrange the cut meat on a serving plate and pour the deglazed pan juices over the meat.
- Quick and Easy Pan Fried Flank Steak recipe is ready to serve.
Peppercorn Steak Sauce Ingredients
1 tablespoon butter
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons whole black peppercorns
- 1/4 cup Merlot wine
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
How to make Peppercorn Steak Sauce
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the mushrooms, garlic, and peppercorns, and saute until the mushrooms are tender. Pour in the wine, balsamic, and Worcestershire sauce, increase the heat to medium-high, and reduce by 1/3. Stir in the rosemary and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Peppercorn Steak Sauce recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:10 Min
Cook Time:10 Min
Ready In:20 Min