Recipes for spinach
Spinach Soup Ingredients:
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach – packed – (or 1 10-oz package frozen spinach, thawed)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered (about 1 pound)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth for vegetarian option)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes (or vegetable bouillon cubes for vegetarian option)
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Optional: chopped chives and/or ground allspice for garnish
How to make Spinach Soup:
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, sauté onion in butter for 3 minutes or until limp. Add potatoes, chicken broth, water, and bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Add spinach and cook for 2 to 4 minutes longer until spinach is tender.
- Working in batches, purée soup mixture in a blender. Return to saucepan. Whisk in half-and-half, salt and pepper.
- Over low heat, bring to just before simmering. Whisk in the sour cream. You may want to use an immersion blender to get the sour cream fully incorporated.
- This soup can be served hot or chilled. Garnish with chopped chives, sprinkles of allspice, or a dollop of sour cream.
Apple and Spinach Salad Ingredients
1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 2 small Granny Smith apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
How to make Apple and Spinach Salad
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- Whisk together sugar and next 4 ingredients until blended. Serve dressing with salad.
- Note: You can chill dressing up to 1 day; whisk well before serving.
Apple and Spinach Salad is ready to serve.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
Spinach Salad Ingredients:
6 c. fresh spinach, torn in bite-size pieces
- ½ c. mandarin oranges
- 1 c. strawberries, sliced
- 4 oz. soy blue cheese crumbles
- ¼ c. cashews
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp. orange juice
- 1½ tbsp. canola oil
- ¼ tsp. dry mustard
- 1/3 tsp. poppy seeds
- knife (you’ll need help from your adult assistant)
How to make Spinach Salad
- Mix dressing ingredients and refrigerate.
- Mix the fruit and spinach together.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix well to coat evenly.
- Divide salad among 4 plates (about 2 cups each plate).
- Sprinkle cashews and soy blue cheese over the top of each salad plate.
Spinach Salad is ready to serve.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Spinach Beef Soup Ingredients
1 lb. ground beef
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 chopped carots
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 chopped onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced (to taste, i use more cause i looove garlic!)
- 1 32oz. carton low sodium beef broth (you can use regular,
- i use ls caus dh is on sodium restricted diet)
- 1 carton water (use the broth carton)
- 1 lb fresh baby spinach
- 2 c. cooked orzo (or other small pasta)
- salt pepper and spices to taste
How to make Spinach Beef Soup
- Brown the beef in a large stock pot and drain, set aside.
- In same pot sautee carrots, celery, onion and garlic on med heat, till onion starts looking translucent- about 5-10 min.
- Add beef stock and water and any seasonings and simmer untill vegetables are tender about 15-20 min.
- Add spinach and orzo, and simmer untill it wilts.
- Spinach Beef Soup is ready to serve.
Meat with Spinach Ingredients
1 pound ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/4 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
How to make Meat with Spinach
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in the ground beef. Cook and stir until the beef is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Drain and discard any excess grease. Stir in the spinach and cook until wilted, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the beef mixture to a bowl. Add the Parmesan, parsley, bread crumbs, olive oil, egg, garlic salt, and pepper and mix well. Run the filling through a grinder until smooth (or puree in a food processor until smooth).
- The filling can be kept in the refrigerator for up to four days or in the freezer for up to three months.
- Meat with Spinach is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:15 Min
Ready In:40 Min
Beef spinach pasta Ingredients:
- 1 Pound Ground Beef (up to 4)
- 1 Can Cream Of Mushroom Soup condensed, (10 3/4 oz can)
- 1/2 Cup Ricotta Cheese or fresh goat cheese
- 1 Package Spinach thawed chopped
- 1 1/2 Cups Noodles cooked
- 1 Can Fried Onions (3 oz)
- Check to Add to My Pantry
- Recipe Tools
- Add to Grocery List
- Add to Favorites
- Print this Recipe
How to make Beef spinach pasta:
- Micro spinach on high 3-4 minutes.
- Remove and break into pieces, drain well. Brown ground beef, drain well.
- Combine spinach, soup, cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix with hamburger. Add noodles and half the can of onions.
- Micro on high 5 minutes. Stir. Sprinkle with remaining onions.
Hot Spinach Red Pepper Dip Ingredients
1 cup water
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thawed frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely diced red bell pepper
How to make Hot Spinach Red Pepper Dip
- Bring the cup of water to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat and add the 1 cup of diced red pepper and the chopped spinach. Bring the water back to a boil, turn the heat down to medium and simmer until the pepper is very soft, about 10 minutes. Drain the spinach and red pepper in a colander, pressing out as much liquid as possible.
- Combine the cream cheese and milk in the saucepan and cook over medium heat until hot and softened. Stir in the cooked spinach and red peppers, Parmesan cheese, crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and ground black pepper. Continue to stir until well combined and heated through.
- Spoon hot dip into a serving dish and serve with the tablespoon of finely diced red bell pepper sprinkled on top for garnish.
- Hot Spinach Red Pepper Dip Recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:5 Min
Cook Time:20 Min
Ready In:25 Min
Stuffed Meatloaf with Spinach and Red Bell Pepper Ingredients
1 large red bell pepper (or 1 prepared roasted red bell pepper – Trader Joe’s has a good product)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 6 Tbsp ketchup
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp prepared steak sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds ground veal
How to make Stuffed Meatloaf with Spinach and Red Bell Pepper
- If you are using a fresh red bell pepper instead of an already prepared roasted red pepper, cook red bell pepper over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides. Wrap in paper bag and let stand 10 minutes. Peel, seed and slice pepper into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add spinach and toss until just wilted, about 2 minutes. Transfer spinach to small bowl. Add remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil to skillet, then onions and garlic; sauté until onions are tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer onion mixture to large bowl. Stir breadcrumbs, eggs, basil, ketchup, thyme, mustard, steak sauce, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper into onion mixture. Mix in veal.
- Place half of veal mixture in 9 x 5 x 3-inch metal loaf pan. Using back of spoon, make 1-inch-wide, 1/2-inch-deep canal lengthwise down middle of loaf. Lay half of red bell pepper strips in canal. Layer with spinach and remaining bell peppers. Fill pan with remaining veal mixture, pressing firmly.
- Bake meat loaf until brown on top and thermometer inserted into center registers 160°F, about 50 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes. Cut into 8 slices and serve.
- Stuffed Meatloaf with Spinach and Red Bell Pepper Recipe is ready to serve.
Apple Cranberry Spinach Salad Ingredients
1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped salted pecans
- 1/2 apple, cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons grated carrot
- 1/4 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing, or to taste
How to make Apple Cranberry Spinach Salad
- Place spinach, cranberries, pecans, apple, onion, carrot, and avocado into a bowl. Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette, and toss to coat.
- Apple Cranberry Spinach Salad recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:10 Min
Ready In:10 Min
Spinach Strawberry and Feta Salad Ingredients
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 10 ounces fresh spinach – rinsed, dried and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 quart strawberries – cleaned, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup almonds, blanched and slivered
How to make Spinach Strawberry and Feta Salad
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, olive oil, vinegar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce and onion. Cover, and chill for one hour.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries and almonds. Pour dressing over salad, and toss. Refrigerate 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Prep Time:10 Min
Ready In:1 Hr 10 Min