Recipes for spicy
Hot and Spicy Pizza Ingredients:
- 1 quantity Pizza Dough or pizza mix made according to manufacturers instructions.
- 1 (2 ounce) can of Tomato Puree or Spicy Pizza Sauce
- Any Meat of your choice (optional) (cooked as prefered)
- 4 ounces of Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ Red Onion (sliced in rings)
- 2 ounces of Pickled Jalapenos
- 3 tsp. Dried Oregano
How to make Hot and Spicy Pizza:
- Roll out dough into 2 or 4 equal portions, spread with tomato puree or pizza sauce.
- Add meat (if using) and mozzarella cheese , sprinkle with oregano and top with red onion and jalapenos.
- Bake at 230 degrees celcius for around 10-13 minutes or until cheese has melted. Remove pizza from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes before slicing
Spicy pineapple pickle Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons diced red jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons diced white onion
- 6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup chopped pineapple, without juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 12 shrimp (21-25 count) raw, cut lengthwise in 1/2
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 24 wonton skins
- 3 tablespoons minced cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup julienned red bell pepper
How to make Spicy pineapple pickle:
For the Spicy pickled pineapple: In a medium saute pan, heat oil, add pepper and onions, lightly saute, Combine all ingredients, heat for 3 minutes on medium heat and let cool for 1 hour.
Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Mix milk and egg, dredge wonton wrapper in milk, then add 1/2 piece shrimp to corner of wrapper, add a pinch of cilantro, and 1 piece of red bell pepper, roll up, and place seam side down in medium pan with canola oil on medium to high heat. Fry until light brown.
Spicy roasted parsnip soup Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds , plus extra to garnish
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 large onion , cut into 8 chunks
- 2 garlic cloves
- 675g parsnips , diced
- 2 plum tomatoes , quartered
- 1.2l vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
How to make Spicy roasted parsnip soup:
- Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. In a bowl, mix together the oil and spices. Add the vegetables and mix well. Spread over a heavy baking sheet, then roast for 30 mins until tender.
- Spoon into a food processor or liquidiser with half the stock and process until smooth. Pour into a pan with the remaining stock, season, then heat until barely simmering. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice. Garnish with cumin seeds.
Spicy Tomato Rasam Soup Ingredients:
- For the masala powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 8 peppercorns
- Other ingredients
- 1 kg. tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tamarind water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 pinches turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida
- Salt to taste
- For garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
How to make Spicy Tomato Rasam:
- For the masala powder
- Roast the cumin seeds, coriander seeds and peppercorns for 1 minute.
- Grind into a masala powder.
How to proceed
- Cut the tomatoes in half and place in 8 glasses of boiling water.
- Add the remaining ingredients including the masala powder and boil for a further 10 minutes.
- Break the tomatoes with a spoon.
- Boil again for 10 minutes.
Hot spiced cider Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 large orange, quartered with peel
- 2 quarts apple cider
How to make Hot spiced cider:
Place filter in coffee basket, and fill with brown sugar, allspice, cloves, cinnamon stick, salt, nutmeg, and orange wedges. Pour apple cider into coffee pot where the water usually goes. Brew, and serve hot.
Spicy Soup Ingredients:
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts or tenders, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 small potatoes, cubed
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- dash cayenne or hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable juice (V-8 Brand)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- salt to taste
How to make Spicy Soup:
Combine chicken, vegetables, mustard, black and cayenne pepper, and garlic powder in slow cooker; pour vegetable juice and chicken broth over all. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours. Taste and add salt, if needed.
Spicy Bean Soup Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper, optional
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 (11 1/2-ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (3-inch) piece Parmesan cheese rind, optional
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus more to taste
- 8 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 (15 1/2-ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup dried green lentils
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 zucchini, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 2 yellow crookneck squash, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded Parmesan
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
How to make Spicy Bean Soup:
Heat the oil in a heavy large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add the onions, celery, carrot, bell pepper, and garlic, and saute until the onions are translucent, about 15 minutes. Add the chili powder, coriander, cumin, oregano and crushed red pepper, and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes with their juices, tomato juice, tomato paste, cheese rind, and 2 teaspoons of salt. Add the broth, garbanzo beans, cannellini beans, and lentils. Stir in the broccoli, zucchini, and yellow squash. Bring to a simmer over high heat. Decrease the heat to medium. Simmer, uncovered, until the lentils are tender and the mixture thickens slightly, stirring often, about 20 minutes. Season the stew to taste with more salt, if desired.
Spicy Chicken Drumsticks Ingredients:
- 20 to 24 chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup butter
How to make Spicy Chicken Drumsticks:
Heat oven to 450° In a food storage bag, combine flour, salt, pepper, paprika, curry powder, and poultry seasoning. Line 2 13×9-inch pans with heavy duty foil.. Place 1/4 cup butter in each pan. Place pans in oven to melt butter. Coat chicken with seasoned flour mixture, shaking about 3 legs at a time in the bag. Place chicken in prepared pans in the melted butter. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Turn over and bake 15 to 20 minutes longer, or until tender and nicely browned.
Spicy Dum ka Gosht Ingredients
- Beef or Mutton Boneless 500 gramss
- Onion thinly chopped 2
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tablespoon
- Raw Papaya ground 1 Cup
- Salt to taste
- Red Chillies powder 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Curd 1 Pao
- Oil 1/2 Cup
- Onion thinly sliced 1
- Green Chillies chopped 2-3
- Coriander leaves 1/2 bunch
How to make Spicy Dum ka Gosht
- Mix onion, ginger garlic paste, raw papaya, salt, red Chillies powder, Turmeric powder in beef & put it in the refrigerator for marination for over night.
- Burn coal on fire very well.
- In a pan put the marinated beef mixed with curd in sides & put the hot coal in the center. Pour little oil on coal. Smoke starts, cover lid immediately for 5-7 minutes.
- After that remove coal & cook on low heat until beef is tender. In needed put some water to cook.
- When beef is tender & water dries, take oil in another pan & fry onion for baghar to golden brown.
- Pour this baghar on beef & mix it. Take out in a dish.
- Garnish with coriander leaves & green chillies.
- Serve with hot nan & onion rings mixed with lemon juice & salt.
Bhari Bhindi Ingredients:
Bhindi (Okra) 1 kilogram
- Salt 1 tablespoon
- Red Chili 1 tablespoon
- Khatai Powder 1 tablespoon
- Zeera Powder 1 tablespoon
- Oil 2 cups for deep frying
- To be eaten with
- Boiled Rice
- Chapati / Pita Bread
How to make Bhari Bhindi
- Wash bhindi and dry thoroughly.
- Remove heads and slit one side but not all the way through so masala can be filled.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together and with a spoon fill in the bhindi.
- Fry till crisp.
- Serve with boiled rice or chapati.
- Great as a side dish.