Recipes for spicy
Sweet and Spicy Drumsticks Ingredients
2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 20 chicken drumsticks (5 ounces each)
How to make Sweet and Spicy Drumsticks
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the sugar, paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder and cayenne. Add drumsticks, a few at a time; seal and shake to coat.
- Place chicken in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. (A small amount of meat juices will form in the pan.)
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 180°.
Sweet and Spicy Drumsticks is ready to serve.
Prep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 50 min.
Hot and Spicy Drumsticks Ingredients
2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- ½1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- ½1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- ¼1/4 tsp. salt
- ½1/2 tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 chicken legs, skinned ( 4oz each )
- ¼ cup lime or lemon juice
- lime wedges and parsley sprigs for garnish.
How to make Hot and Spicy Drumsticks
- Preheat oven to 400º. Spray a 13”x 9” baking dish with vegetable cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place egg whites in a shallow bowl. On a sheet of waxed papper, combine cornmeal, chili powder, cumin,salt, and pepper. Mix well. Dip chicken legs, one at a time, in egg whites,then dredge in cornmeal mixture, turning to coat.
- Arrange chicken in prepared dish for 20 minutes, turning once. Drizzle with the lime juice and bake until juices run clear when meat is pierced white a fork, about 10 minutes.
- Place chicken on serving plates. Garnish with lime wedges and parsley sprigs.
Hot and Spicy Drumsticks is ready to serve.
30 minutes to make
Spicy Chickpea Soup Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 1 large onion, medium diced
- 6 to 8 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 heaping teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 3 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 1 quart vegetable broth or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (5-ounce) package pre-washed baby spinach
How to make Spicy Chickpea Soup:
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until the onions begin to turn translucent; lower heat if browning starts to occur. Add spices and saute a minute or so. Add tomatoes, chickpeas, broth, and sugar. Season with a couple pinches of salt and 10 grinds fresh pepper. Stir well. Chickpeas should be just covered with liquid. If level is shy, add some water so the chickpeas are just covered.
- Bring to a simmer, then lower heat to low and gently simmer for 45 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat. Use a potato masher to mash up some of the chickpeas right in the pot. Stir in the spinach and let heat through until wilted, just a couple minutes.
- Season again, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Spicy Baked Fish Ingredients
1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon creole mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Ritz crackers, crumbled
- 8 fish fillets
How to make Spicy Baked Fish
- In large bowl mix all ingredients, except fish and Ritz crackers
- Place fish fillets in baking dish or pan
- Spread mixture over the 8 fish fillets
- Sprinkle with crumbled Ritz crackers
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, uncovered
- Check fish for doneness, it will flake easily with a fork, when done
- Spicy Baked Fish is ready to serve.
20 minutes to make
Spicy Coconut Fish ngredients
2 white fish fillets, or any other freshwater fish
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 dried Thai chiles, soaked in 2T of water
- 2 scallions
- 2 small shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon veg or peanut oil
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 8 dried kaffir lime leaves (or 3-5 fresh)
- ¼ cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
How to make Spicy Coconut Fish
- Cut fish fillets into at most 1/2″ thick pieces that will be an easy to stir fry size. Toss with 1/2t of salt and 1/2t pepper, cover and set aside.
- Prepare the spice paste. Cut the green onions in half where the white
- part turns to green, chop and set aside the green part. Cut off the
- roots and finely mince the rest. Remove the peppers from the soaking
- water and save the water. Chop them and add to the scallions and
- chopped shallot. Place in either a mini food processor or mortar and
- pestle and process into a paste.
- Prepare all ingredients so they are handy (i.e. chop cilantro).
- Heat a wok to medium-high heat and add oil. Swirl to coat the pan. Stir
- Fry the fish just enough to seal but enough to fall apart. (If you are
- skilled enough brown both sides). You don’t want it completely cooked
- at this point. Remove fish and set aside.
- Clean wok if necessary and bring back to medium high heat. Open the
- can of coconut milk without shaking and add the thickest part to the
- wok. Cook until the oil separates – about 5 minutes. Add spice paste
- and cook, stirring for about 5 minutes or until fragrant. Add remaining
- coconut milk and fish sauce. Bring to a simmer. Add fish and lime leaves
- in and cook until fish is cooked, flake until it is in easy serving pieces.
- Add most of the scallions and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and garnish with cilantro and remaining scallions.
- Spicy Coconut Fish is ready to serve.
15 minutes to make
Warm Spicy Chicken Salad Ingredients
1 envelope onion soup mix
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup jalapeno pepper jelly
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups torn romaine
- 1 small sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped, optional
How to make Warm Spicy Chicken Salad
- Rub soup mix over both sides of chicken. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the beans, corn and picante sauce. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Stir in chilies and onions; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, pepper jelly and lemon juice; set aside.
- Toss lettuce and romaine; divide among four salad plates. Slice chicken; arrange on greens. Place red pepper slices and bean mixture around chicken. Drizzle with sour cream mixture; sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with jalapenos if desired.
Warm Spicy Chicken Salad is ready to serve.
Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
Spicy Fried Fish Ingredients
2 pieces of fish (average of 400g per piece) – dont know the name, I uses the one with hard
- layer of skin shopping list
- 5 pieces of chili padi (for the paste) shopping list
- 4 cloves of medium size shallot (for the paste) shopping list
- 1 bulb of garlic (for the paste) shopping list
- 2 pieces of red chilli (for the paste) shopping list
- 1 piece of star anise (for the paste) shopping list
- 1 inch of cinammon stick (for the paste) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste (for the paste) shopping list
- 4 tablespoon of water shopping list
- 2 tablespoon of santan (thick coconut juice) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of oil shopping list
How to make Spicy Fried Fish
- Clean all the items for the paste.
- Blend it with the blender.
- Use a small portion of the paste to marinate the fish for about 20 mins.
- Lightly saute the paste with oil.
- Add in the fish. Fry each side of the fish for about 5-7 mins at low fire.
- Dish out the fish when it is cooked, but leave the paste on the pan.
- Add in water.
- Add in santan when the water boils, and stir for a minute.
- Pour the sauce over the fish.
- Serve with some parsley.
- Spicy Fried Fish is ready to serve.
45 minutes to make
Spicy Potato Salad Ingredients
4 Medium-size white or red
- 3 Eggs; finely chopped
- 1/4 c Finely chopped onions
- 1/4 c Finely chopped bell peppers
- 2 ts Ground red pepper
- 2 ts Prepared mustard
- 1/4 ts White pepper
- Green onion salad dressing
How to make Spicy Potato Salad
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients, mixing well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Spicy Potato Salad is ready to serve.
Masaledar Spicy Chicken Ingredients
20 min marinate
1/2 kg chicken cut into med.piece
- 2tsp curd(yourgut)
- 1tsp chilly. powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
make a paste
- 5 casewnuts
- 4-5tsp fresh milk
- roast POWDER,in 1/2tsp oil
- 1 cinnamon
- 8 curry leaves
- 2 cloves
- onion 2-chopped
- 1 tomato-chopped
- 1 tsp ginger.garlic
- 1 tsp coriender powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- coriender leaf-garnish
How to make Masaledar Spicy Chicken
- Heat 11/2 tsp oil and cook the marinated chicken fr 5min.keep aside
- Heat the oil add onions,saute it for few sec,then add ginger.garlic paste,saute it,then add coriender,cumin,pepper powders,and fry well
- Then add,tomato&cook it well & cool it&grind into MASALA PASTE
- Add the MASALA PASTE to the chickens and add casewnut
- combine well,adjust the salt&cook till chickens become soft…
- garnish with coriender leaf
- Serve it hot with roti or rice.
- Masaledar Spicy Chicken is ready to serve.
yield: 4 servings
prep time: 30 mins
Spicy Garlic Chicken Ingredients
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ piece fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 green onions
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sherry
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tbsp stir fry oil
- 1 ½ tsp chili paste
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp sherry
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
How to make Spicy Garlic Chicken
- Cut all the fat off of the chicken and cut it into thin strips about 2 inches long. Place them in a bowl to be marinated.
- The marinade works best when applied in the following steps. First sprinkle on the salt, then add the sherry and stir thoroughly.
- Next add the egg white and gently stir to coat each piece. Be careful not to “froth” the egg or it will make the chicken hard when it is cooked.
- Sprinkle on the cornstarch, coating each piece. Then add the oil, stir, and let the strips marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- While the chicken marinates prepare the other ingredients. Cut the skin off of the ginger and then mince it into tiny pieces and set them aside.
- Smash the garlic cloves with the side of a knife. Peel them and cut off their ends. Then mince them into tiny pieces and set them aside.
- Rinse the green onions under cold water and dry them with paper towels. Cut off the bases and about an inch or so of the green tops and discard. Then slice the remaining stalks into small pieces on a diagonal and set them aside.
- In a small cup, mix the cornstarch with just a little water to dissolve and set it aside.
- In another large cup, thoroughly mix together all of the ingredients for the sauce and set it aside.
- Once the chicken has marinated, cook it following the boiling method of the velveting process. To do this, bring a pot of water plus one tablespoon of the peanut oil to boil.
- Once the water boils slowly add the meat to the pot and cook it for just one minute. Then remove it with a slotted spoon, making sure to drain it thoroughly and to not pick up any of the loose egg that may have floated up to the top of the pot. Place the meat in a bowl or on a plate and set it aside. You may place it on a paper towel to soak up the remaining water.
- In a non stick pot or wok heat the remaining tablespoon of peanut oil on high. Add the garlic and ginger and stir fry for just 1 minute.
- Add the chicken and stir fry for 1 more minute. Then add the sauce and the green onion and stir until slightly thick.
- Serve over white or fried rice. Makes 3 servings.
- Spicy Garlic Chicken is ready to serve.