Recipes for snack
- 1 Kilo Urad Dal flour
- 100 grams salt
- 50 grams ground black or white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Hing
- 500 grams water
How to make Pakistani Pa’Per
- Mix the Hing and pepper with the Urad Dal flour.
- Lightly roast the salt. Boil 500 grams water with the salt.
- Let it cool to room temperature.
- Pour this water, a little at a time, in the Urad Dal Flour mixture and make a very stiff (hard) dough. (Dough maker may be used.)
- Put his dough in a big Mortar and Pestle (told you, it is not easy!).
- Pound the Pestle on the dough in the Mortar until it has elastic like consistency. Test it by rolling out a small piece.
- Divide the dough into 6 parts. Roll them out on a board and cut it into 1 inch pieces.
- Then put all the pieces in a bowl and cover the bowl.
- Taking one piece at a time, roll them out on an aluminum rolling board. Put them in direct sunlight to dry.
- Once they are dry and crispy, store them in an air tight container.
- To serve them, Zap them in a microwave, or fry them in oil or roast them on a low flame!
Avalakki Cutlet Ingredients:
- 1½ cup Avalakki (Poha)
- 1 Onion ( chopped)
- 1 tsp Asafoetida (Hing)
- 1 Potato (grated)
- 4 green Chilies
- ½” Ginger( chopped)
- 1 tsp Cooking Soda
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves
- 2 tbsp Pudina (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Maida (Refined flour)
How to make Avalakki Cutlet:
- For five minutes, soak avalakki in a mixing bowl.
- Drain the water.
- Now add, potato, onion, green chilies, ginger and asafoetida.
- Stir the mixture well.
- Now, add coriander leaves, cooking soda, maida, pudina, lemon juice and salt.
- Stir the batter well.
- Divide this mixture into 7 to 8 equal portions
- Flatten each portion into the shape of cutlet.
- Deep fry each until golden brown.
- Avalakki cutlet is ready!
Bhel Puri Chaat Ingredients:
- 100 gm Puffed Rice
- ¼ cup Boiled Potatoes (peeled and coarsely chopped)
- 50 gm Tamarind
- 50 gm Jaggery
- 50 gm Sev
- 1 Bunch Mint Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Chat Masala
- 1 Bunch Coriander Leaves
- 3 Green Chilies
- Salt to taste
How to make Bhel Puri:
- Boil the jaggery and tamarind in a cup of hot water until the mixture thickens slightly. Keep it aside.
- Mix the green chilies and mint leaves. Grind to a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- Take the chopped potatoes in a bowl and toss it with chaat masala and salt. Keep it aside.
- Put the puffed rice in a large bowl and add mint leaves paste.
- Add chopped onions, tamarind water, sev, green chilies potatoes and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Bhel Puri is ready to serve.
- Rice flour – 1cup
- Fried chana dal (putani) – 1/4cup
- Chana dal (soaked for 30 min) – 1 tsp
- Green chillies – 3
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves – few
- Ajwain – 1tsp
- Butter – 1tsp
How to make Chekkalu:
- Grind the green chillies into a fine paste.
- Grind the fried chana dal into a smooth powder.
- Mix all the above ingredients along with the green chilli paste into a thick dough by adding water.The consistency should be like shown in the picture below (not too watery).
- Make small round balls of the dough and press them on a greased plastic sheet with your fingers ,make small round sized puris(need not worry about the shape).
- Deep fry in oil on medium flame till golden brown.
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Onion
- 1 Potato
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- 1 small Gourd
- ½ cup Rice Flour
- 1-½ cup Gram Flour
- 8-10 Ajwain Leaves
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
How to make Bhajias:
- Cut the vegetables. Do not slice the vegetables too thick or too thin.
- Mix rice flour, gram flour, salt, cumin seeds, and turmeric powder in a bowl. Add enough water to make a batter of thick consistency.
- Heat the oil in a pan. When oil gets hot, add a tablespoon of oil to the batter and mix it well.
- Dip the vegetables slice by slice and slide into the hot oil. Fry on medium heat till golden brown.
- Bhajias are ready to eat. Serve hot with tomato sauce or green chutney.
1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 8 sweet potatoes, sliced lengthwise into quarters
How to make Baked Sweet Potato Sticks Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with cooking spay or vegetable oil.
- In a large bowl, mix oil and paprika. Add potato sticks, and stir by hand to coat. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 40 minutes in the preheated oven. Best eaten at room temperature.
- 8 pavs (squarish soft buns about 4″ x 5″ size)
- butter to shallow fry.
- 1 capsicum chopped fine
- 2 onions chopped fine
- 2 tomatoes chopped fine
- 2 1/2 cups chopped mixed vegetables (beans, carrots, cauliflower, potota, beans, bottle gourds, etc.) 1/2 cup shelled peas
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp. pavbhaji masala
- 1 1/2 tsp. chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- salt to taste
- 1 cup water (in which vegetables were boiled)
- 1/2 tsp. each ginger grated, garlic crushed
- juice of 1/2 lemon.
- 1 tbsp. coriander chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- small pieces of lemon
- Pressure cook mixed vegetables and peas till well done.
- Mash them coarsely after draining.
- Heat butter in a pan.
- Add ginger-garlice, capsicum, onion, tomatoes.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes till very soft.
- Add pavbhaji masala , chilli powder, turmeric, salt, sugar and fry further 2-3 minutes.
- Bring to boil.
- Simmer till gravy is thick, stirring and mashing pieces with masala, in between.
- Add lemon juice, stir.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and a block of butter.
- For Pavs
Slit pavs horizontally leaving one edge attached. (To open like a book).
Apply butter (as desired) and roast open on a griddle till hot and soft with the surface crisp on both sides.
Serve hot with bhaji, a piece of lemon and chopped onion.
Making time : 30 mins. (excl. pressure cooking time)
Serve : 4 (2 pavs each)
- 2 large potatoes,cut like french fries
- 1/2 cup gram flour
- 1 tsp Cumin seed
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp red chilly powder
- oil for frying
- Cut potatoes in long and square shape then wash and drain all water.
- Put Gram flour, salt and chilly powder and cumin seeds in potatoes and mix with hands you can add one or two tbsp of water.
- Mix and wait for 10-15 minutes warm oil for frying in a pan and before frying again mix so that all paste is equally pasted on potatoes chips.
- Deep fry.
- Rich fries is ready to serve.
- Serve with steamed rice,fish or tea.
- 2 cups chickpea flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp green chili paste
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp sugar(optional)
- 1/2 tsp yellow food color
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp coriander chopped
- 1tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 6-8 curry leaves ( optional)
- Put gram flour in a large bowl.
- Mix in yogurt, water and beat to a smooth paste.
- Leave aside to ferment for 4-5 hours.
- The mixture will increase in size.
- Add chili paste, ginger paste, garlic paste, salt to the batter.
- In a small bowl, mix baking soda and 1 tbsp water.
- Heat the steamer or pressure cooker with about 1-1/2 cups water for steaming the dhokla.
- Add the baking soda mixture to the flour mixture and mix well.
- Pour immediately into flat greased vessel or a cake tin.
- Steam for about 15 minutes.
- Do not place the weight if you are using pressure cooker.
- After 15 minutes, remove the lid and switch the stove off.
- Let cool for a few minutes.
- Cut into squares.
- Heat oil in a small pan then add mustard seeds, cumin seeds.
- When they stop spluttering, add curry leaves.
- Pour over dhokla squares and sprinkle chopped coriander.
- Serve hot or cold with green chutney or with tomato ketchup.
1 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 mushrooms
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 lb won ton skins
- 1/2 lb fresh prawns
- 1/2 lb chicken(mince)
- 8 water chestnuts finely chopped
- 2 stalks green onions finely chopped
- The very first thing to do is shell and devein the prawns then mince them fine.
- Stem mushrooms and mince caps then mix with prawns, chicken(mince), water chestnuts, green onions, half of the beaten eggs and all of the seasonings.
- Place won ton squares on working surface so corners face up.
- Place 1 teaspoon filling in the center of each skin.
- Dip a little of the beaten egg onto the bottom corner and bring the top corner to meet bottom corner then press to seal.
- Moisten left corner and bring right corner to meet it then press to seal.
- This should give you a little bundle that looks kind of like a nurses hat.
- Heat 4 cups oil in wok and fry wrapped won ton until golden and turn over once.
- Drain the Fried Won Tons and serve hot with a dip of your choice.
- Enjoy your freshly made Fried Won Tons!
[singlepic id=625 w=320 h=240 float=center]