Recipes for snack
Crispy Fried Baby Corn Ingredients:
- Baby corn
- 1tbsp Maida
- 1tbsp Rice flour
- 2tbsp Corn flour
- 2tsp lime juice
- 1tsp soyo sauce
- salt to taste
- Black pepper powder
- 1 capsicum cut into thick cubes
- 1 onion cut into thick cubes
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1tsp each ginger garlic-chilli finely chopped
How to make Crispy Fried Baby Corn:
- Mix maida, rice flour, corn flour, salt,lime juice, soya sauce and baby corn well
- Just sprinkle water to bind the ingredients
- Deep fry the baby corn till it turns golden brown. Keep it aside
- Heat oil in a wok and sautéChopped onion, ginger – garlic-chilli
- Add capsicum, onion cut into thick cubes and again sauté for 2 minutes
- Add salt,black pepper and fried baby corn
Chicken Noodle Cheese Casserole Ingredients:
- 1 lb. noodles (spiral, or wide egg noodles)
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 1 lb. grated American cheese
- 2 lbs. cooked, boned chicken
How to make Chicken Noodle Cheese Casserole:
Cook and drain noodles. Mix with margarine; stir well. Add soup, water (or broth) and cheese to the noodle and chicken mixture. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes.
Corn Cheese Balls Ingredients:
- 1 Teacup boiled corn
- 4 Boiled potatoes
- 4 tbsp Grated cheese
- 4 Green chillies
- 2 tbsp Coriander
- 225 gms Paneer
- 1 Teacup maida
- Chilli sauce
- 2 Teacups milk
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 4 tbsp Maida
- Salt to taste
How to make Corn Balls:
- Melt the butter in a pan and seethe the flour for about half minute.
- Pour the milk into it and cook till the sauce becomes thick.
- Chop the paneer and potatoes.
- Mix the corn, cheese, potatoes, green chillies, paneer, coriander and the above prepared sauce.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Make the balls. Mix the flour thoroughly in 1-1/2 teacups of water.
- Dip the balls in flour paste.
- Roll the balls in breadcrumbs.
- Deep-fry these balls in oil.
- Cornballs are ready to serve.
Mexican Roll Sushi Ingredients:
- 2 – Large 10-12 Inch flour tortillas
- 1 – Half red bell pepper (thin slices)
- 2 – green onions (greens only sliced)
- 2 – Pequillo peppers (from a jar)
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 1 Chipotle pepper in Adobo (one chili)
- 1 Tbsp. salsa
- 2 oz. refried beans
- 1/2 Fresh avocado (sliced)
- 4 oz. roasted chicken (sliced in strips)
- Half Bunch of Fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- juice of half a lime
- 1/4 Cup canola oil
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
How to make Mexican Roll Sushi:
- Place cilantro, garlic, oil, lime, salt and pepper in blender and puree until smooth
- Mix cream cheese, salsa and chipotle pepper in a small bowl
- Cut both tortillas into squares by removing rounded edges with a knife
- Place one tortilla in a microwave and cook on high for 10 seconds
- Place tortilla on a sushi rolling mat (if you have one)
- Spread 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture on one half of the tortilla
- Spread 1/2 of the refried beans on the other half leaving a 1/4 inch at the edge with nothing on it
- With the 1/4 inch edge away from you:
- Place 1/2 of the red pepper slices in the middle of the tortilla (left to right edge)
- Place 1/2 of the green onions
- Place 1/2 of the roasted chicken
- Place 1/2 of the pequillo peppers
- Place 1/2 of the avocado slices
- Roll from the edge closest to you until just the bare 1/4 inch edge is left
- If you are familiar with rolling sushi, this is the point where you pull the roll tight inside the mat. The object is to pack the ingredients tight inside the roll. Pull and roll until the ingredients compress and fill to the outside ends of the tortilla.
- Wet the exposed edge with a fingertip of water
- Continue rolling until the roll seals itself
- Remove from the sushi mat and place on a cutting board
- Cut the roll in half with a sharp knife
- Place the two halves next to each other and cut into 3rds (six pieces when done)
- Repeat with the second tortilla
- Plate 3 pieces on each plate (4 plates of 3) and drizzle with the cilantro oil
Kalmi Baray Ingredients:
- 2 cups of whole moong dal soaked overnight
- 1 tsp. salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp. whole black pepper (Kali Mirch)
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds (Zeera)
- 3-4 whole dried red chilies
- 1 tbs. coriander (Dhaniya) seeds
- 3 tbs. besan flour
How to make Kalmi Baray:
- Rub the dal in between palms to remove skin. Add all ingredients and grind into paste-like form.
- Form flat discs and fry on medium heat in shallow oil till light brown.
- Remove and cool.
- Cut into broad slices and deep fry until crispy and a darker shade of brown.
- Serve with Mint Chutney.
Martabak Sweet Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chocolate
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
How to make Martabak Sweet:
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a bowl. Adjust water amount to make a slightly runny batter and let sit on the counter for 3 hours. It will thicken up.
- Finely chop the chocolate (good quality works best).
- Finely chop the peanuts (salted works best).
- Spray a nonstick skillet or griddle and cook the batter pancake style (makes 2), flipping once.
- When cooked, butter the top.
- Pour generous amount of sweetened condensed milk over top and sprinkle with chocolate and nuts.
- Fold in half like a taco. 8Cut into strips and serve warm.
- 6 cups flour
- 2 eggs beaten with 1/2 cup corn oil
- 2 bundles leeks (medium sized)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs ground Beef
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 3 onions (finely chopped)
How to make Al-Motubug:
- Sift flour, add the water and salt a little at a time, mixing dough until it becomes soft but pliable. Divide the dough into ten pieces, knead each piece well. Place on a tray sprinkled with a little water and let rise for at least one hour.
- Put ground Beef in a saucepan with chopped Onion, black pepper and salt. Stir over medium heat until cooked. Set aside until cool.
- Chop leeks and wash several times through a strainer; drain and put on a paper towel until excess water is absorbed. Add to ground Beef.Take a piece of dough and cover in flour, roll out, place over back of hands and stretch until dough becomes quite thin. Place dough on worktop and trim uneven edges. Brush two tablespoons of egg and oil mixture over dough surface. Fold to form smaller squares.
- Place in frying pan or griddle over medium heat with one tablespoon of oil. Place pastry squares in pan and fry on both sides until golden brown.
- Repeat above method using five of the remaining pieces. With piece number six repeat as above to the folding stage. Place one fried pastry square in the center of the unfolded piece, cover generously with ground Beef and three tablespoons of beaten egg. Fold into a square.
- Remember to sprinkle oil and egg mixture between layers. Fry in 3 tablespoons of oil over medium heat until both sides are golden brown. Repeat using remaining four pieces of dough.
- Serve hot. Serves 10-12.
Jodhpuri Kachori Ingredients:
For the covering
- 2 cup flour ( Maida )
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon oil
- Oil for frying
For the filling
- 1 cup split gram daal ( chana daal )
- 2 onions ( chopped )
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds ( crushed )
- 1 teaspoon aniseed (saunf )
- A pinch of asafoetida ( hing )
- 1 teaspoon ginger ( grated )
- 1 teaspoon chilly powder
How to make Jodhpuri Kachori:
- Add oil and salt to the flour. Knead into a hard dough with water. Soak chana daal for 5-6 hours and then grind it to a thick coarse paste. Add onions and all other masalas. Mix well. Do not add salt.
- Make small balls with the dough. Hollow them out and fill in the chana dal mixture. Roll out in the shape of puris and deep –fry in the oil on a low flame till they are brown in colour. Serve hot.
Keemay ki Kachori Ingredients:
- 1 kg plain flour or maida
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 250 gm Oil
- Warm water for mixing a dough
- Oil for frying
- 1/2 kg mutton or beef mince (Boiled)
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- 1 small finely chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 4 green chopped chilies
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- Salt to Taste
How to make Keemay ki Kachori:
- Mix all the dough ingredients thoroughly in a bowl and make a firm dough, by kneading it well by hand or in a food processor. Keep set aside.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil. Add chopped onion and fry until they turn pink in color, add minced meat or Keema, red chili powder, black pepper powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, ginger paste, garlic paste, green chopped chilies and 1/2 cup of water and then stir 5-8 minutes. After that add fresh chopped coriander leaves and cook another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and keep set aside.
- Divide the dough in 16-20 portions and make balls by rolling between greased palms ( to avoid sticking). Once it is done cover them with a moist cloth.
- Roll out one ball of dough at a time, to approximately 7cm or 3 inch diameter. You can do this by pressing with hand.
- Place one portion of keema at the center of the circle, gather the edges in the center and pinch to seal the ball properly. Make sure that it is properly sealed it will make small bursts while frying.
- Roll each ball out very gently or flatten with your hands, to approximately 5-6 cm. 2.5 inches diameter. Continue until all kachori are ready to fry.
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add Kachori and deep fry from both sides until it turns golden brown.
- Now Keemy ki kachori is ready to serve. Serve hot with tamarind chutney, halwa and yogurt and collect all the praise and blessings from your family and loved ones.
Coconut Chicken Cutlets Ingredients:
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 cup panko
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 red chilies, minced
- fresh basil, handful, minced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper
- peanut oil, for frying
- Peanut Sauce
How to make Coconut Chicken Cutlets:
Wash the chicken and pat dry. Mix the egg and milk in a dish. Combine, the panko, coconut, chilies, basil, salt and pepper, mix well. Heat the peanut oil in a shallow frying pan, about 1/2 inch up the side. Dip a tender in the egg mixture, coat with panko mixture and gently pan fry in the peanut oil. Continue with all the tenders. When you remove the tender from the hot oil, lay the tenders on a paper towel, in a warm oven. Serve. Eat.