Recipes for snack
Cheese Samosa Ingredients:
- 500 gm palak,
- 1 chopped onion,
- 1 tbsp ginger paste,
- boiled and chopped potato,
- 2 chopped green chilies,
- ready samosa patti,
- 100 gm cheese,
- 1 tsp amchoor powder,
- 1 tsp jeera powder,
- 250 gm oil,
- salt and re chili powder to taste
How to make Cheese Samosa:
- Pour 2 glasses of water in a pan and add palak to it. Bring it to a boil. Then drain the water from palak. Chop this palak into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté chopped onions in it. Now add chopped potatoes, ginger paste, amchoor powder, and jeera powder. After 1 minute, add palak to it. Also add cheese, salt and black pepper powder.
- Mix all the ingredients well. Keep stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- Fill this above prepared mixture in samosa Patti and then fry these prepared samosa in oil in a heated pan. Serve hot with mint chutney and tomato sauce.
Moong Daal Samosa Ingredients:
- 2 cups of all purpose flour (maida)
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- Salt (depending upon the taste)
- moong daal (soak 6-8 hrs in Plenty of water with baking soda)
- 1 tbs red chili powder
- 1 tbs garam masala
- 1 tbs coriender powder
- 1 tbs salt
- tbs amchur
- 3-4 pinches asafoetida powder
- tbs cumin seeds
- Vegetable oil for frying
How to make Moong Daal Samosa:
- Grind the moong daal with minimum quantity of water.
- Add oil in heavy pan.
- Add cumin seeds, asafoetida powder and daal paste in it.
- Stir it properly. Add salt,garam masala,coriender powder,chili powder and amchur powder.
- Stir it until the mixture dried very well.
Spinach Samosa Ingredients:
- 1 cup thawed frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup finely chopped spring onions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 2 cloves garlic; crushed
- 1 inch ginger; grated
- 2 green chillies; crushed
- 1/4 tspn garam masala
- 200 gm /8 oz Feta cheese; crumbled (mash using a fork)
- NO SALT (feta cheese is very salty)
- 20 samosa pastries (or filo pastry)
How to make Spinach Samosa:
- Drain the spinach in a colander
- Mix the spinach, spring onions, coriander and cheese
- Add the garlic, ginger and crushed chilies, mix
- Add the garam masala and mix. There is no need to cook the filling as it gets cooked during frying or baking
- Fold the samosa as shown here
- Fry the samosa in hot oil, or brush with oil and bake in the oven at 200 degrees centigrade for 25 minutes.
Chicken Puff Samosa Ingredients:
- Puff Pastry Sheets
- 5 oz Chicken fillet
- 3 tablespoons Pineapple Juice (from the canned pineapples)
- 2 teaspoons Tomato Paste
- 1 tablespoon Sour Cream
- 1 Pineapple Slice
- 1/3 Bell Pepper
- 1 Chili Pepper
- 1/2 small Onion
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika Powder
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
How to make Chicken Puff Samosa:
- Preheat your oven to 200ºC
- Peel and finely mince 1/3 Bell Pepper, 1/2 small Onion and a Chili Pepper
- Finely chop 1 or 2 slices Pineapple
- Cut Chicken fillet into chunks
- Sprinkle a royal amount of Salt, Pepper and Curry Powder on Chicken chunks
- Dig your hands in there and mix it all up
- Heat 1 tablespoon Oil or Butter and cook the Chicken until well done and set aside
- The brown bits left in the pot will add lots of flavor later on, so don’t try to clean it
- If there’s still enough oil use that, or add a small drop
- Throw in the Onions and cook them for about 3 minutes over medium heat before adding your Bell and Chili Peppers
- Cook for 3 more minutes and throw in the chopped Pineapple, 2 teaspoon sTomato Paste, 3 tablespoons of the Pineapple Juice and 1 tablespoon Sour Cream
- Mix everything up and now you’ll see all the brown bits come loose from the bottom as well
- Give it a taste to see if it needs a little seasoning
- Simmer over really low heat for a minute or 5
- Shred the chicken
- Add the Chicken to the veggie mix and give it a good stir
- Now you can do this with flat leaf Parsley, curly Parsley or even dried Parsley
- Chop up a small handful of Parsley
- Stir it in with the Chicken and turn the heat off
- Thaw frozen puff pastry sheets or make your own
- Sprinkle a little Flour on top of your cutting board and on top of the Pastry, and put the Puff Pastry Sheet on top (waxed paper side down)
- Roll it out a bit with rolling pin
- Cut every sheet into 4 little squares and remove the waxed paper
- Spoon a generous amount of Chicken on top of a corner and fold the other side over until you end up with a triangle
- Firmly press the edges together
- Grab a bread knife or any type of serrated knife and press it with the flat side down on the folded edges
- This will not only seal the edges more thoroughly, it also creates a little texture that makes it look prettier
- Use a sharp knife to trim the edges a bit more when needed
- Place them on a cookie sheet
- Whisk an Egg
- Use a brush to apply the Egg
- Sprinkle Paprika Powder through a sieve on top of the samosas, taking note to work from quite some height to distribute the Paprika Powder evenly
- You can store them in a sealed bag and put them in the fridge when preparing them a day ahead of time, remembering not to add the Egg and Paprika Powder when you make them ahead of time, do this before putting them in the oven)
- When you’re ready to use them, pop them in a preheated oven for about 12 to 15 minutes and keep an eye on them
- Transfer them to a pretty plate and serve them
Lamb kofta burger Ingredients:
- 4 Turkish bread rolls
- 1 cup tzatziki
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 / 4 cup fresh mint leaves
- Potato wedges, to serve
- 750g lamb mince
- 1 / 2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1 / 2 tsps ground cumin
- 1 1 / 2 tsps ground coriander
- 1 / 4 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to make Lamb kofta burger:
- To make lamb koftas, mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Divide into 12 round portions.
- Heat an oiled grill pan. Add koftas in two batches. Cook, turning, until browned all over and cooked. Remove and cover to keep warm.
- To assemble burgers, split rolls in half. Grill on both sides until toasted. Spread half the tzatziki over roll bases. Top with spinach, tomato, mint and three koftas. Drizzle with remaining tzatziki.
- Replace tops and serve with potato wedges.
Bacon Cheddar Chive Scones Ingredients:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. CALUMET Baking Powder
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) cold butter
- 3 eggs, divided
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1-1/2 cups KRAFT Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 8 slices OSCAR MAYER Center Cut Bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- 1 Tbsp. water
How to make Bacon Cheddar Chive Scones:
- PREHEAT oven to 425°F. Mix flour and baking powder in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add 2 of the eggs and the cream; beat with wire whisk until well blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Stir in cheese, bacon and chives. Shape into ball.
- KNEAD dough on lightly floured surface 10 times. Roll out to 12×6-inch rectangle. Cut into 8 (3-inch) squares; cut each square diagonally in half. Place on lightly greased baking sheet. Beat remaining egg and the water with wire whisk until well blended; brush over dough triangles.
- BAKE 14 to 16 min. or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
Fajita Ranch Chicken Wraps Ingredients:
- 12 ouncesskinless, boneless chicken breast strips for stir-frying
- 1/2 teaspoonchili powder
- 1/4 teaspoongarlic powder
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 smallred, yellow, or green sweet pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoonsbottled reduced-calorie ranch salad dressing
- 2 10-inchwhole wheat, tomato, jalapeño, or plain flour tortillas, warmed*
- 1/2 cupEasy Fresh Salsa*
- 1/3 cupreduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
How to make Fajita Ranch Chicken Wraps:
- Sprinkle chicken strips with chili powder and garlic powder. Coat a medium nonstick skillet with nonstick spray; heat over medium-high heat. Cook chicken and sweet pepper strips in hot skillet over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and pepper strips are tender. Drain if necessary. Toss with salad dressing.
- Divide chicken and pepper mixture between warmed tortillas. Top with Easy Fresh Salsa and cheese. Roll up; cut in half.
- *To warm tortillas: Wrap tortillas tightly in foil. Heat in a 350°F oven about 10 minutes or until heated through.
- *Easy Fresh Salsa: In a medium bowl combine 2 seeded and chopped tomatoes, 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion, 1/4 cup chopped yellow or green sweet pepper, 2 to 3 teaspoons snipped fresh cilantro, 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic, 1/8 teaspoon salt, a dash of black pepper, and, if desired, a few drops bottled hot pepper sauce. Serve immediately or cover and chill for up to 3 days. Stir before serving. Makes 1 2/3 cups.
Baked Corn Fritters Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red chili pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups of corn kernels, (see steps for cutting corn from a cob) cut from 3 large cobs (or frozen corn, defrost and drain first)
- 4 large scallions or green onions, finely sliced (about half a cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Grapeseed, canola, or peanut oil (a high smoke point oil) for frying
How to make Baked Corn Fritters:
Make the dipping sauce by combining all of the sauce ingredients into a small saucepan. Cook on medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon, until sugar dissolves. Increase the heat to medium high, let boil for 5-10 minutes or so, until the mixture becomes somewhat syrupy. Remove from heat and let cool. The sauce should continue to thicken as it cools. If it becomes too thick, you can add a little water to it to thin it out a bit
Kolkata Chicken Roll Ingredients:
- 3 tbsps vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 large onion sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder (see link below for recipe)
- 300 gms boneless, skinless chicken cut into 2″ cubes/ pieces
- 3 tomatoes chopped fine
- Salt to taste
- 6 Parathas (see link below for recipe to make these pan fried flabreads)
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
- 1/2 cup Mint-Coriander Chutney (see link below for recipe)
How to make Kolkata Chicken Roll:
- Heat the oil (3 tbsps) in a deep pan on medium heat. When hot, add the cumin seeds and fry for a minute.
- Add the sliced onions and fry till soft. Add garlic and ginger pastes and fry for 1 minute. Now add all spice powders (including garam masala) and fry until oil begins to separate from the masala (spice-onion mix).
- Add the chicken pieces and brown. Add the tomato and salt to taste. Stir well and add 1/2 cup of water. Cook till chicken is tender. There should be almost no gravy at this stage.
- Heat a frying pan on low heat and add a tablespoon of oil to it. While the oil is heating, break an egg in a bowl. Season with salt to taste and whisk the egg till fluffy. Pour onto the pan and spread by tilting the pan from side to side. Now quickly put a Paratha onto the still ‘wet’ egg and allow to cook. The egg will soon cook and ‘set’. This is when you flip the egg-paratha over. Cook for 30 seconds and remove from the pan.
- To assemble the rolls: Lay one egg-paratha on a plate and spread Mint-Coriander Chutney on it. How much is a matter of personal choice. Now add roughly 2 tbsps of the cooked chicken in a line down the center of the paratha. Roll tightly. You can wrap in foil at this stage, to help keep the lot together and tidy for eating – the filling can fall out otherwise. Serve hot.
Fish Fry Ingredients:
- 800 gms White-Fleshed Fish
- 1/2 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2/3 Mustard Oil
- 1 tbsp Grounded Coriander Seeds
- 1 tsp Grounded Cumin Seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp Ginger (finely grated)
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Kalonji
- 4 Dried Whole Red Chillies
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 large Onion (peeled and chopped)
- 3 Whole Green Chillies
How to make Fish Fry:
- Cut the fillets in about 4cm size.
- Rub the fish with turmeric and salt and set aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium flame.
- Put in the fish pieces and brown lightly on all sides.
- Gently lift the fish out of the oil and put it on a plate. Turn off the heat.
- Combine the ground coriander seeds, the cumin, ginger, 1 tsp turmeric,chilli powder (cayenne pepper) and 1/2 tsp of salt in a small bowl.
- Add 3 tbsp of water and mix.
- Left only 5/6 tbsp of oil in the frying pan and heat it over a medium flame.
- Now add kalonji and after a few seconds later, put in the red chillies.
- As soon as they darken a bit, put in the bay leaves.
- When the bay leaves start to darken, put in the onion, stir and fry the onion at low heat.
- Add the spice paste. Stir and fry it for about 1 minute.
- Now put in the fish in a single layer in a pan with 1 cup of water.
- Lay the green chillies over the fish.
- Simmer over a medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Spoon the sauce over the fish pieces, cover it and cook the fish for 10-15 minutes.